Thursday 10 November 2011

A busy day so far ...

10 November 2011

We were up early today at 8am (yes, that is early for us), cos I had an appointment at the hospital for 9.30.  I'm a diabetic and they are keeping close eye on my eyes.  Anyway, I was given the all clear today, which is a relief.  From there we went off to see Jan's new car which had delivered last week to the dealer; here she is looking very pleased indeed ...


Next stop was a garden centre we had been told about but hadn't visited before.  It's Planters and it's about a mile off the A5 at the A5/M40 junction.  We were rather surprised with it and found it very pleasant.  Being birders we feed the local boards in our back yard (our garden was slabbed over a long time before we moved in), so out feeders are on stands and not in the soil.  So we bought a load more seed and feeders and fat balls and so on and Jan has been busy putting that lot out.

Our final call was to Parkers butchers on Abbey Green - I fancied a faggot n peas dinner for tomorrow.  Jan also bought a cottage pit and I also had a huge great chunk of what looks like a sausage roll.  It must be about 4" wide when its made and baked and then sliced into pieces of about 2" lengths.  I've had one before and it was nice.  So then, that has been our busy morning and guess what, we're up even earlier tomorrow cos Jan is at the hospital at 9am!  Bloomin' middle of the night time that will be!

So what of Dorktown then?  Front page of the News is the story of a nutter who had a go at a bloke on the train in Brum and ended up glassing him.  The victim had to have 15 stitches; the nutter is now doing 6 years!  Bloody good job too!       

Have you heard about the couple who were found dead in their home in Bed'th? No?  Well, they were found dead and it is thought they had been dead for around two weeks.  They were both ill in some way and were trying to claim the benefits they were entitled to but every time they did someone found and excuse or found a way of putting another brick wall in their way.  According to BBC News they were walking 12 miles a to soup kitchen in Coventry but it's only 5 miles in the Dorktown News.  Whatever, the story today is that they committed suicide.  That is such a tragedy!  Whoever it was who was dealing with their case and kept messing them about should be taken to task for it.  I hope they now proud of themselves!

At the hospital today ... I booked in and was told to put a form with my name on in a red tray on a desk just down the corridor - east eh?  Well, it was for me at least.  As I sat waiting to be called I over the following ...
"Excuse me, where do I put this form please?"
"In the red tray just there."
"Which red tray?  There's two."
"No, there's only one, right there at the end of the desk look."
"O that one?  I thought there might have been two that's why I asked."
And people wonder why I call the place Dorktown! 

A few more from today ...

Pip (the blue one), and Pop ... the dirty poopers of the curtains ;-)))





This beauty was parked up at Planters this morning.
It's called a Lomax if you can't see it properly on name badge.

No comments:

Post a Comment