Tuesday 2 February 2016

Waffling again ...


2 February



Oh what a day yesterday was. We had moved a good bit out of the kitchen, so it was mainly emptying the units in there. What we hadn’t realised was just how much stuff there was in them. Three bags full of it went up them to use. We were up and about at 7.30 today, that really is the middle of the night for us, but needs must I suppose, Now the last of it is done and we sit here waiting for the guys to come start knocking it all about. We’ve been given a schedule which lists 14 working days’ worth of effort to completion. Roll on 14 days! But you what … it’s going to be sod to find room for it all when we will be down four units!



 It seems that I missed quite a bit of information at my appointment last Friday afternoon. Around 12 years ago I had an operation on my lower back. It now seems that I need another one. I came away thinking that it would be the same sort of operation as the last one, but higher in my back; and that is where I got it wrong. We sat in the Willie White before shopping and Jan asked me what I was having done. I told her and she said, ‘I knew you didn’t understand it properly. It’s not the same as before. Your spinal column has been reduced to around 50% by what looks like a fatty deposit. That needs removing as well as the other part you were talking about.’ It’s no wonder I’m struggling so much, even walking around Asda last night caused me no end of pain. Now if I was to stand for anything length of time, I quickly need to sit down to ease off the pain before continuing on. The sooner I can get that operation done the better.



Do you say ‘pikelets’ or ‘crumpets’ I wonder? Whatever, while we were in Asda last night we saw some on offer and bought a couple of packs. But these pikelets are large, very large, about twice the width of the normal sized ones. We had one pack, just two pikelets for supper later; honest opinion? Not great. They are the same depth as the normal ones and they became stodgy as they cooled while eating them. Jan left about half of hers and yet we have another pack in the freezer for another day.



Apples, I love ‘em. So last night I picked up three bags of six, rather small Belgium grown apples for £1 a bag. Around the corner I found packs of four British Gala apples for 50p; the Belgian stuff was left and I had British instead, much better buy. Considering that we only, four items on our shopping list, it cost £75 in total. Things like pikelets, a new fryer, and good few other items soon push the price up. I think that tonight though, I shall have a salad there’s no cooking involved with that.



All this shopping stuff is just waffle to fill up the word count, so I’m going to cut it off now and pick a photo …

This beastie is one of two at the foot of the water feature in Brum city centre. Taken an a grey, flat light day, so not the best shot ever. 



And the link works now … Today’s funny …



Where would you be most likely to find a prehistoric cow?
In a moo-seum.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment