Wednesday 17 February 2016

No theme, just bits'n'bobs


17 February



Kile is due to go home today after a visit to the cinema with some of his friends from a club he’s part of. Yet again the place will feel empty when he’s gone, but there again, the empty space will be used as a dumping gap, as usual. We have noticed this last few days he’s got a tad cheeky with some of his comments and responses. It’s not a problem as we have expected it to happen at some time. An example for yesterday …



As you know, I like Peter James’ books, and his Roy Grace series most of all. Now, as I was reading one Roy Grace story I read about his goldfish, and I thought Yeah, that’s a good idea, a single goldfish in a bowl sat beside me on a wee table. So I mentioned it to Jan and off we went to buy one – but came back with three goldfish and a large tank. Jan has been on the end of my micky taking comments about all I was a small bowl with one fish in it. On their way home from Stratford yesterday they called into A5 Aquatics and bought just one fish and the bowl. In strolls Kile carrying the fish and says, ‘Here you are grandad, now you can stop whinging about it!’ Cheeky little blighter … … …



He's been telling me this morning about a young girl who lives close to him. He says she always wears very high-heel shoes which ‘… look silly …’ and is very overweight and easily gets out of breath. His term for her was ‘scummy’.  Well, that a new one on me; ‘flea-bags’ was the term we used at school for the two sister in our school who really were flea-bags, we could see them running around on their clothes. They were very dirty and because they were always peeing themselves, were always very smelly.



It’s been years since I last thought of those two girls; I wonder what became of them? Yes, we kids were always nasty and cruel to them but we never actually asked why they were like that, why they were always hungry and had no idea of how to behave in public. None of us ever thought of trying to find out or to help them in anyway. But there again, neither did any of our parents try to help either. Now I feel rather sad about it, but all is not lost it does give me an idea for another story/book.        



I actually got some writing done yesterday while they were out, and I’m hoping to get some more done this afternoon too. Actually, I need to get on and do a lot more of it otherwise it will never get finished. For the first time I am also trying my hand at some drawing to fit the story line. The idea for this is mainly so I can keep a clear(ish) idea of the lay-out of Arathusia and the various other places mentioned as I move through the story lines. This drawing is a major thing for me cos I’ve always said that the only I can draw is money from the bank. Not sure if they will appear in the book at any time though, they would need to be worked up quite a bit first.    



Earlier this morning I spent time on Facebook on my tablet cos Jan and Kile wanted to play the wee. Just lately I have been writing some book reviews for one of the groups I’m in, so ForReadingAdicts, and the last one I did was for 2001, and it got posted on Facebook this morning. So when I saw it I had a read of it, and guess what, they’ve managed to mix up two reviews, no wonder it didn’t make any sense. I have let them know so I think they’ll soon get it sorted. My next review will be of Chip Walkers’ Children of Hern.



It’s raining my plans for going in to town today are cancelled, a pity really, I was looking forward to it. We also had a lie in this morning too, so the finisher will come tomorrow, and that should be the end of it apart from the council inspection and acceptance. Then all we need to do is to finish sorting out all the rest of the bits we have lying about in here. Most of it is done now though and apart from buying a few more dry/tinned foods that we need, we too will be done. Last night we had our first full cooked meal for the three weeks this work has been going on, nothing special as such, but very nice anyway.



Today's photo ...
A bewick swan.



Today’s funny …



A traffic cop pulls a car driver over for speeding and asks him to get out of the car. After looking the man over he says, "Sir, I couldn't help but notice your eyes are a little bloodshot. Have you been drinking?"
The man gets really angry at this and says, "Officer, I couldn't help but notice your eyes are glazed. Have you been eating doughnuts?"

No comments:

Post a Comment