Sunday 31 January 2016

A shortie today ...


31 January



Last day of January, Kile is due to go home later today leaving Jan and me to get on a sort out the kitchen cupboards and so on ready for the work to begin on Tuesday. We’re not really short of time I suppose but the real problem is finding space for the kit to go to, even for a short time. As I’ve said before, this is not a large flat and losing a room for three weeks is going to cause a lot of problems. Any type of cooking is going to be a major test too.



This W10 is still kicking up badly and I can’t get it sorted at all. I’ve been advised to use a couple of adware told to sort it, all advertised as being free, until that is it completes its scan and then demands cash to clean the machine up of all the issues it has found. One sensible idea is to take it back to Currys and get them to sort it out for me. I’ll have to look at that one later I think when we are free from workers calling to fill the block with noise again.



I finally got to read AP last night when I went through to bed, not there wasn’t much worthwhile in there to bother with really. Some weeks it’s like that and others everything is of interest. What I did find interesting is a test of the Olympus Pen F, a csc based on the micro-three thirds lens mount. I’ve always rated Olympus kit highly but they are expensive, that’s why I went Nikon when I changed brands before. Their lenses are even more pricy. The other test was of a Tamron 18-270mm lens for the micro-three thirds system. I own and use the Nikon fit version of this lens anyway and it really is a great lens, and at around £370, it’s far cheaper than propriety lenses. Tamron brought out an updated version, 16-300mm lens which stole some of the thunder of its smaller brother, but at a much stiffer price. Again, I bought the lens I could afford. I still rate Tamron lenses though.          



A couple of days ago I made a note, ‘Out Thatcher Thatcher’ it says. I sat for ages trying to puzzle out what it means other than about Daft Dave. If we compare time when mad Maggie was in power and today’s nightmare, the similarities are all too clear. The NHS is in a mess, the police and justice is a mess, benefits are being attacked with food bank usage increasing, homeless numbers are increasing, defence spending is being cut to the bone apart from lining projects … and the list goes on. I wonder where Daft Dave’s ‘poll tax’ lies in wait for him, or maybe it’s there in front of us with the EU referendum. If Daft Dave does get forced onto the back benches, God help us all if IDS get’s the top job!



Sorry folks, I’m cutting this one short here seeing as we have far too much today; not only that but I’m not at all sure when I can write the next one. Today’s photo then …

Cov’s own Times Square.   

No comments:

Post a Comment