Friday 12 February 2016

A quiet weekend I hope ...


12 February



The way things were going we thought that we could let Kile come for his normal weekend with us, and so he came as normal after school yesterday. However, the reasoning behind him coming was that we have the cooker back in place and connected up. But the way this Apollo group work wouldn’t play our game at that point, and although all the electrics are now working BUT the cooker. It seems that we need to have the floor covering done before the sparky can connect the cooker. So now we are waiting for that worthy do the floor and if he does we will let the sparky know and he will drop in on his way home and do it for us. Oh the games we play … … …


We are both looking forward to a lie in tomorrow though. Jan is on about going down to Stratford Butterfly Park tomorrow. I’m not sure how the weather will be yet and I’ll wait until after the lunch time news before I decide if I’m. going or not. I could do with getting out for a bit and pointing a lens at something other than real ale pump signs. We shall see.



I have a feeling that there’s a good bit of under table fiddling going on over this HS2 malarkey. It seems that a company set up to prepare for it, has paid out £240 million to buy up properties on the proposed route, including the whole of one village. Now why would they do that if there was still doubt over if it goes ahead or not. No folks, it will be happening, that is clear to me. No notice has been taken of any of the anti-HS2 reports or there might be just the odd nod in acknowledgement of the various issues raised. What we will hear about is if the job doesn’t happen, then a lot of money has already been wasted in buying up properties and drawing up plans after surveys and … … … Just you watch!



The Department of Wealth Punishment (DWP) has begun its annual game of dosh wasting. Our Postie has just delivered to first of around six letters to tell me how much pension credit I will be getting this year. I know that they don’t pay same as us mere mortals for our stationary and postal services, but considering the number of people who also pension credit, it must mount up to a fairly high bill. Then there will be another set of letters about my retirement pension, and after that the DLA payments, and so on. This all done from different offices spread throughout the UK, each dealing with a different part of the system.



Not so long ago they made a change which was meant to make life easier for everyone. The idea is that there will be just one telephone number to call when you want to inform them of any changes. Great idea eh? Yes, I thought so, but hold on to those little cotton socks, cos it isn’t working like that at all now. And anyway, if I want to speak to someone about my DLA, I have to call Poulton Le Fylde; Pension Credit is in Wolverhampton; Retirement Pension is Leicester I think … and so on. Oh yes, undelivered letters go to Belfast! My head spins with it all. But you see, they don’t care, they are not spending their own money so it’s a free for all, well, that’s what it looks to me. And as for HMRC … … …



Today’s photo then …

A dino in Bourton.



Today’s funny …



(To the tune of "Heartbreak Hotel")
I just left home baby
I'll be out fer a spell
and if you don't leave a message baby
you can go to
  

No comments:

Post a Comment