Sunday 7 February 2016

A pick-me-up photo?


 February



Not feeling on top of things this morning at all. I slept well, without the CPAP cos the mask was leaking badly. Then I open my email and found this …






This is poppy, I bought her as a surprise present for the wife but it turns out she's allergic to dogs. So unfortunately I'm going to have to find a new home for her, and I'm just wondering if anyone out there can help? Her name is Lynne, she's 46, she's got nice boobs, not a bad cook and shit hot at ironing.



And bingo, I feel much better. It’s from the Sage of Rochdale by the way.



Today we have wall to wall sunshine and blue skies, just the right sort of day for a drive out, but Jan has had her mind set on going to church this morning, so that I idea is out. Mind you, I was up far too late to even think of going out anywhere I suppose, but maybe somewhere local might have been in order, Astley Book Farm for instance; magical place that is. Get lost in there until Jan comes to find me and drags me out … muttermuttermutter … … …



I shall up my stress levels a bit more again this morning when I try to sort out my Yahoo account again. If it wasn’t for Flickr I wouldn’t bother with it, but I do like looking at other photos on there. Yes, I do know there are other sites but right now if I wanted to up load all my Flickr contents to another site, it would take far too long. Anyway, the battle awaits …



On Friday after the plasters had left, the whole kitchen had been skimmed over, but there were clear signs of spots where it was drying out already. Yesterday when we got up, most of one wall hadn’t even begun to dry out, so we left the kitchen window open all day, even though we had rain the whole time. We pulled the window to and locked it open at a very narrow opening. This morning however, there are clear areas where it is dry and it’s drying rather quickly now. Jan had mentioned it before she went; she was wondering what they would do tomorrow if it hadn’t dried out properly. As I said to her though, that was down to them. But I have a feeling the floor will get screed instead of the units being fitted. There’s still a lot to do that doesn’t depend on the plastering to be dry.



Have you ever thought of how newscasters must feel at times with the stories they have to related to us? I read some time ago that they are not allowed to make any personal comments about those stories, but there must be times when that is very hard for them. Missing children  stories is one I might not be able to keep my mouth shut about. And what about story of a missing child that was a set up to con money, like the one not so long ago in Nottinghamshire. That one caused outrage across the country, so why shouldn’t the newsreaders feel the same way. And yet, they do their job as professionals but I bet the air is pretty blue as they write the story and discuss it between themselves.



I am thinking of the refugee stories coming out of Greece for months now when as ask the above questions. The reason for that is a programme on BBC2 at 8pm about the whole of Greece and will include both the refugee crisis and the country’s economy too. I’m not all that sure that two one hour shows will show all that much of Greece anyway. The idea of the show is to point out the Greece is not just sandy beaches and sun, but that there is so much more to the country other than that. I’m not surprised by that idea anyway seeing as so much of our society is based on ancient Greece. I am looking forward to this one anyway.



And so for today’s photo …

This is what I should be doing, but I’m not getting on with it very well at all these days.



Today’s funny began today’s offering above.    

No comments:

Post a Comment