Sunday 6 April 2014

What to do next, boredom and Jan's in church



6 April

Jan is in church. She's been looking forward to it all week. The biggest problem we could see in getting her there was the large step out of the block down onto the pathway up to the road. Well, she made down that step but slowly and with some difficulty, but she did manage it. What is really needed is a ramp. There's a slight incline up the path but she managed that well too.

So what do I do now I wonder? There's still corrections that need doing to Shipshape, and I've also started the follow-up, And Bristol Fashion.  There's a novel idea spinning around in my head which I wrote a short intro for while I sat in the Anker last week. I want to develop that some more. There are magazines to be read, books to be read, washing up to be done, Sunday dinner to get started ... and don't forget this blog entry too. And of course there's the looking after of Jan as well. Some much to do, so little time to do it all.

I'm sure some of you will already know that the bat and ball session starts today. Oh my ... more boredom on top boredom, only to be added when the silly racket and ball starts in a few months time. We will ever get a break I wonder?

As my regular readers will know, I do tend to record a lot of telly during the day. Well, one show we've both been really enjoyed is the court room drama Silk. Last night we sat and watched the last three shows which I had waiting to be watched. At the start of the last one it was announced that it would be the very last episode. I wonder at times at just what the BEEB is thinking. No more Silk, one of the best shows to come out of the BBC for ages. When I think about it though, they don't seem to take a lot of notice of viewers and listeners unless they saying what they want to hear.

Of course, there will have to be some major changes to be made if the TV licence is taken away from its current criminal position and made into a civil offense. There are lot of none payers now; just how many more there will be if it does change, no one can say. What does seem certain though is that those who do pay up will see less of the fees being spent on programme making and more and more being spent of collection of fees through the courts.

However, what we must remember in all this is that the current government doesn't like the BBC because they see it as being biased against them. But is it biased, or is it showing an independent view of the actions of the government of the day? I think the later personally. From memory the BBC did the same when the last Labour government was in power. That gaff in Rochdale by Gloopy Gordon got a lot of media coverage, including the BBC. Nope, I think they want a media that is biased in their favour, not a truly independent media.

For today's photo then, I offer ... 

A 'golden' eagle.

Off I go looking for a funny for today ...

Went out for a swift pint last night and, as you do, I got to talking with this chap in the pub. Half way through the evening he walked out leaving his lovely girlfriend with me. The stupid idiot. She asked me to walk her home as she was so upset. I did so and she invited me in for a coffee and then, as these things do it led to the other thingy.
Upstairs in her bedroom and as I removed my socks a deep voice out of nowhere said,
"Hope this isn't the fat bastard you brought home last night!!!"
"Whaaaaat was that!!!!" I shouted.
She replied, "Oh that, don't worry its just the memory foam mattress"           

No comments:

Post a Comment