Tuesday 15 April 2014

A wally, tax payers dosh and no funny today



15 April

What a wally ... here he is look ... 


This wally manage to put the wrong fuel in his wife's car. Yes folks, it's me. On Sunday morning I wasn't fully aware of what I was doing and ended putting four star petrol in Jan's diesel fuelled car. Anyway, Jan phoned the insurance company and they arranged for it to be sorted. At that time I was really worried thinking that I had really damaged the engine and was looking at a replacement costing several thousand pounds. I had to go out for an hour and the RAC turned up and sorted it out by the time I arrived back. All he did was drain the mixed fuel out of the tank and then put some fresh diesel into the tank, started the engine and pulled what remind in the fuel line out by the top of the engine, and that was that! He also said that damage to engines was very rare. But it seems I'm not the only wally. The guy claimed that every four minutes someone manages to do exactly the same. He's happy about that cos that is what his job is, and so many people doing it ensures he won't be made redundant for a long time yet.

This morning I watched last night's Panorama about doctors being paid by the pharma companies to promote their drugs. The British firm GSK has paid the most in fines for corrupt payments but all the pharma companies are at it to some degree. This raises the question as to whether the drugs you are prescribed are the best for you, or are they the ones that the doctor has been paid the most for prescribing.

The show majored on drugs but could it also be happening in other areas of the NHS? Suppliers of dressings, instruments, gases, clothing, bedding - you name it - are we as tax payers actually getting full value for money for the supply of everything the NHS uses. The I think about it the more I wonder just how much is being fiddled one way or another.

Our local hospital is the Hussy (or George Eliot Hospital) is in the news again. I suppose I wasn't the only one to breathed a sigh of relief when I heard that the search for 'strategic partner' was called off. Now one those in the running to be a partner has claimed that the Hussy will now begin to lose services to meet its £12 debt. But I do wonder just how much that search cost us tax payers though? Of course we will never be told, or at least we will never be told the real cost!

I've posted this one before but I like this one ... 

Found at the entrance to the Hussy.

And I'm sorry but the funny source website is off line right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment