Friday 4 April 2014

Bad day, busted lappy and a busted printer



4 April

I had a bad day yesterday and spent a good part of the afternoon  throwing up down the loo, not at all good. Of course I still have Jan to look after so had to keep on. Nothing brave or virtuous in that, just a necessity.

Still waiting for the carers to come and get Jan up and dressed. I can then get off down town and do the bit of shopping that needs done. I will also have to call and see if Jan's lappy is ready for collection. It was taken in for a repair on Wednesday afternoon. The guy we uses says it's just a bad Windows 7 that's causing the problems. However, this isn't the only time I've looked Jan's 'puter has needed fixing. It's happened with just about everyone she's had. No idea what she does with them though.

At some time I shall have to get my printer working; as Jan is 'puters, I am with printers. My current one is new Brother laser printer which decided it didn't want to play while I was printing Shipshape for reading through. I think the first thing I shall try is a fresh toner cartridge, then move on to other things after.

I'm very tired again today so I'm going to close this one here for now. Today's photo then ... 

A plant shot in B&W.

Funny time ...

 Three Irishmen, Paddy, Sean and Seamus, were stumbling home from the pub late one night and found themselves on the road which led past the old graveyard.
"Come have a look over here," says Paddy, "It's Michael O'Grady's grave, and God bless his soul. He lived to the ripe old age of 87."
"That's nothing," says Sean, "here's one named Patrick O'Tool, it says here that he was 95 when he died." Just then, Seamus yells out, "Hey, here's a fella that got to be 145!"
"What was his name?" asks Paddy. Seamus stumbles around a bit, awkwardly lights a match to see what else is written on the stone marker, and exclaims, "Miles, from Dublin."     

No comments:

Post a Comment