Wednesday 23 April 2014

Speeling, dead kids and camera wible



23 April

How do you spell continuum? There's a show on Netflix called Continuum but it didn't look right to me. So out came my trusted OED and surprise, surprise, it is correctly spelled. Even the Word dic-n-ary has accepted it. It's just the 'uu' that threw me, and still does actually. It still doesn't look right to me.

Four kids, three of them are disabled. A 40 year old woman has been arrested for killing three of the kids, so ran the news item on lunch time news. I'm not sure how I feel about it really. Killing any child is an awful thing to even contemplate, but to actually do it, well, that is really sad. Here's the thing though, the only people who know what it's like to look after just one disabled child, are those who have to do it. Having to look after three disabled kids is really quite a horrendous situation to be in. One thing is for sure, if the mum is charged, that's one jury I wouldn't want to sit on!

As my regular readers will know, I love my Sony Alpha 77 and a selection of lenses and the images they produce. Well, I'm reading a book on my tablet called Shot Through the Heart by Ed James. It's a decent story, well told but perhaps not quite as strong as the first one of his I read. Anyway ... the hero is a writer called Mark who travels north of Inverness to find out where his researcher has disappeared to. Cameras and photography come into the story when a photographer employed by the missing researcher also turns up. Mark gets fed-up with the snapper pretty quickly but tolerates him because he has a car. OK, fine ... at one part of the story the snapper is going on about which camera and gear is best. All us snappers do that. Then Mark comes out with anew word for me. He gets even more fed-up with what he calls 'camera wible.' I like that one and will remember it for later use.

For my bedtime reading I have another Peter James novel on the go. Sadly it's the first of his books I have struggled with. It's called Twilight and so far the story is fine. My problem with it is the size of the font they've used in producing it. It's so small that I am struggling to read it. I shall keep on with it though, James is always worth reading.

Tomorrow we will be busy in the morning. I am at sleep clinic at 10.10 at the Walsgrave and Jan is at the Hussy at 1130. Getting from one to t'ther in plenty of time will be hard work, so I shall drop Jan off at the Hussy and make my way to Walsgrave and then pick her up on the way back through. What a silly game the NHS has playing!

And so for a photo ... 

A dream in yellow.

Funny time ...

UNDERSTANDING WOMEN
(A MAN'S PERSPECTIVE)
I know I'm not going to understand women. I'll never understand how you can take boiling hot wax, pour it onto your upper thigh, rip the hair out by the root,  and still be afraid of a spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment