Wednesday 2 April 2014

Facebook, 7 a day and being tired



2 April

There I was looking through my Facebook home page and I came across my blog entry for 30 March. I was taken slightly aback really thinking, 'Who's pinched me blog?' Looking closer I saw it those kind folks who ran the Self Publishing conference on Sunday, so I'm not over worried by it. However, it was a shock to see it first, followed quickly by a flash of pride that they actually chose my blog to show ... very nice ... ... ...

Yesterday was a busy day all round. I mentioned my being a fool turning up at the Vampire Hall at the Hussy very early for nothing at all, but that was just the start. Basically it was having to everything in here from making Jan her drinks and meals to getting off down to Asda for some shopping and collecting Kile to come and see Jan and taking him back home afterwards. Thankfully I'm not so busy today.

Did you all catch the news from Yankyland About us needing seven portions of fruit and veg a day? I bet it was veggie who has dreamed that one up! Here in Britain not everyone is getting the current five a day, let alone adding two more portions.

On the MSN home page this morning there's a story about an 8.2 magnitude earthquake in Chile which has triggered a tsunami along the west coast of South America. Part of the Ring of Fire having a little shake again. It's unfortunate that most times when the Ring does this, people die and property is damaged. This sort of area would be better off without people living there. However, as things are people have lived along that coast for as long as humans have been wondering about. It's the same here in Britain though. How many folk have retired and moved to the coast having done so. I'd love to live on the coast. However, if I did then I would have to expect to pay more for house insurance and so on and put up with flooding. Happily I don't live there - but house insurance is still high anyway.

And so photo time ... 

Part of the children's play area in Riversley Park, Dorktown. Most times there are kids playing there and I'm nervous of pointing my camera at children. Sad isn't it how innocent people get caught up in such bother because perverts?

And today's funny ...

An elderly couple, Margaret and Bert, moved to Texas . Bert always wanted a pair of authentic cowboy boots, so, seeing some on sale, he bought them and wore them home. Walking proudly, he sauntered into the kitchen and said to his wife, 'Notice anything different about me?' Margaret looked him over. 'Nope.' Frustrated, Bert stormed off into the bathroom, undressed and walked back into the kitchen completely naked except for the boots. Again he asked Margaret, a little louder this time, 'Notice anything different NOW?' Margaret looked up and exclaimed, 'Bert, what's different? It's hanging down today, it was hanging down yesterday, it'll be hanging down again tomorrow!' Furious, Bert yelled, 'AND DO YOU KNOW WHY IT'S HANGING DOWN, MARGARET?' 'Nope,' she replied. 'IT'S HANGING DOWN, BECAUSE IT'S LOOKING AT MY NEW BOOTS!!!!' Without changing her expression, Margaret replied, 'Shoulda bought a hat, Bert.

No comments:

Post a Comment