Saturday 12 April 2014

Kile is with us, the Union Flag and proud to be English!



12 April

Well, the plan for today was to ride into town on our scooters for a photo day. We got up in plenty of time but the cold, cloudy weather has put the mockers on that one! We have Kile with us this weekend anyway and that makes it a bit difficult. I had the bright idea of taking him to Whipsnade Zoo on Monday. I thought of Monday because with today being the start of the Easter school holidays, a lot of folks would be rushing off on hols.  I've just had a look at the price and got a bit of shock; pre-booked price is £23.50 each per adult and £17 per child. That is a bit of an ouch!

As I said, yesterday's blog was all planned out, so here's the shortened version of it ...

The United Kingdom consists of four separate countrys, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, or Ulster as so many of them say. It was in 1606 that Union flag became our national flag. Now here's the problem as I see it ...

Scotland, Wales and Ulster have been devolved and now run their own affairs but with backing, and crucially, financial support from central government. Scotland is now having a referendum on becoming an independent country, but only the Scots are being allowed to vote! The whole of Britain is paying for the referendum through our taxes so why aren't we all allowed a vote? As it is even now, the Muppet Person for Dorktown has now or little say on what happens in Scotland, even their legal system is different to the other three countries. So do the Muppets in Scotland have a say on what is happening here? It gets even more complicated when it comes to education and health care.       

But here's something that really bugs me ... if I claim to be English, which I am and proud to say so, I get shouted down over it. But the Scots can claim to be Scottish, the Taffies can claim to be Welch and 'I'm an Ulsterman' is the proud declaration of well, Ulstermen. It is time we claimed back our Englishness, and stood up to the politically correct morons who are behind a lot of the problems the UK now face. We English probably are the only nationality that can claim the nationality quietly and without any fanfare. Why is that? It's not time to call for an independent ENGLAND!!!

The English Civil War here in the UK was waged between 1642 and 1651. That's a long time ago now, 300+ years and we hardly ever think about it. In the USA however, their civil war began on this date in 1861, and in some places in the States it is still a raw wound, especially in the deep south.

I don't have any civil war photos but I do have ... 

One of group of such military vehicles I saw at the Oxford Services on the M42 I couple of years ago.

The Sage is on holiday so from my normal fount of all funnies I offer ...

 Sex Research
If sex with 3 people is called a threesome and sex with 2 people is a twosome, now I understand why they call you handsome!          

No comments:

Post a Comment