Tuesday 29 September 2015

Ups and down of the NHS



29 September

Our alarm went off at 9am this morning and I stopped it; but you know what, I just couldn’t move at the time. We ended up finally at 11am. I know, I know, lazy pair of sods. Whatever, I’m still struggling to keep awake. Mind you, right now Jan is Skyping her sister in Bangkok and there’s no chance of dropping off with those yapping on. Who would have thought those colouring books for adults could cause so much yapping. It’ll be another of those crazes that will eventual become a passing fad, just like those little bands thing the kids were crazy over.

Our son Tom asked Jan to phone him and when she finally got through to him he had just left his GP. It seems that over the weekend he’s had two epileptic fits. That has come as a shock to us. He’s also said he’s getting pretty constant migraines too. Now he’s waiting for scans to be done, but no-one knows when they will happen. The NHS in Ulster is horrendously slow. Of course we want the scam to happen now, this very minute, but I have little faith in it happening. Perhaps he may need to be taken to A&E while he’s in one for something to happen. But again, we don’t want him to have any more fits at all, it seems that it might be the only way he will get any treatment in time soon.

Over the years I have lost count of the number of times I’ve heard people asking, ‘Which would be worse for you, going blind or going deaf?’ I’ve always thought it to be a useless question to begin with; whatever happens there’s nowt you can do about it anyway. It’s seems that things are slowly changing. Hearing implants are restoring sound and now it might be possible to reverse one type of blindness by using stem cells. There’s still a long way to go but if wet macular sight loss and be teared and cured, then in the future other forms might be suitable for treatment. That’s a big hope of help for so many people.

Muppet Person Corbyn is on his feet speaking to his under-muppets right now in Brighton at the Labour Party conference. The things is, no matter who had won the leadership election and was now giving his/her first speech as leader, there’s nowt they can do anyway but spend minutes creating more hot air. However, he does seem to be a much more laid-back muppet than some of, well, most of the others. What I’m not sure of is if he’s really good enough to be our Prime Muppet. There are times when that worthy has to be tough and hard, yet can he do that I wonder? Not sure right now.

Guess what? I have actually got some music playing in the back ground here, yes I know; it’s been months since I last played any. Right now I have a Bix Beiderbecke DC on, one a two disc set. I’d actually forgot I had them. Jan is off for shower and she’s come through to see what I’ve put on, she’s surprised too.

Today’s photo then … 

This one is of the three of us at Bempton Cliffs RSPB site. Tom called it, ‘Titch in the Middle’. Don’t know where that comes from though.

Today’s funny …

Newton's First Law of Motion: A body in motion will remain in motion. A body at rest will stay under a down comforter until forced to move.   

2 comments:

  1. I think Mr Corbyn may surpise us all. Give the man time . . .
    Good question re hearing and sight. Asd you know, I am pretty hard of hearing. Several years ago my optician thought I might have some issues with my eyes and sent me for an emergency check. Perhaps I have learnt to cope with my fairly significant hearing issues with the help of hearing aids but for a few days I was devastated to think that my sight might go.
    Your question brought it all back.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Joy. I hope he does surpise us.

    ReplyDelete