Saturday 5 September 2015

At a loose end, whats for dinner ...

5 September

Today is a big day for Manor Court Baptist Church and Jan has gone off to be there for it. The reason for this is simple, they are inducting their new minister. I expect that the church will be full today, not only of the people from Manor Court, but also from the new man’s old church in Wales. I was there at the time when another guy was inducted and I can say from experience that it is an emotional day all round. He actually starts work in three weeks, which will give him time to settle into his new home and get to know some folks a bit more.

That means of course that I am here all on me ownsome for the afternoon. Jan will be eating while she is out which means that I only to sort out something for me; I’m not sure if I shall have a veg curry or some pasta. After posting this and having a look at things on line, I shall be getting on with some more writing. The story is just about at a natural break and I’m thinking of tying it up and starting a second strand to it from another group of characters. As I’ve said before, I’m handwriting this one and at some time I will need to get typed up. That will be a major task so I’m wondering if I should start that off before moving on to the second strand … we’ll see … … …

At long last I managed to get the camera gear I want to sell up on Ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141765418480?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649) and one item has sold already, twice! The first time the buyer made a mistake, the second buyer does want the lens but didn’t read the description properly and asked for some clearance as to if the lens is faulty or not. Of course, he doesn’t know me at all otherwise he would know that I wouldn’t sell a faulty item without making it clear enough.

Oh yes, I have actually sold a faulty item once, a Nikon lens that my brother left but I couldn’t get it to work on his Nikon 35mm camera. However it was sold as ‘spares or repair’ and the price reflected that at £9.99. The surprise to me is that he actually had a Nikon camera, he was Pentax mad at the time of his death. But there again, over the weeks it took to sort out all his stuff, I became used to finding items he had bought. Books still in the carrier bags he brought them home in; CDs and DVDs the same; so many shirts, shoes, trousers and so on that I ended up totally fitted out for a couple of years. Well, that was over eight years ago now and it’s time to move on … and we have.

Between us we have decided that we will not make a big thing over the birding game. This has come about because we have so many other things on our plates right now, and of course, we can’t really afford it now. But even that is not all the story; we are both beginning to feel the effects of our various illnesses and disabilities. Even though I use a CPAP machine at night, I still get tired very easily. We are both concerned with what we hope is not the onset of Parkinson’s, and we not sure if that will have any effect on my driving. Even if it doesn’t, I have noticed a marked drop in my driving standard. It’s all a worry.

Jan has fibromyalgia, a muscle and joint thing which leaves her in a lot of pain at times. If she was drive all day for a long time then she may well by unable to do anything for several days. Even now she is in a lot of apian as she tried to get out of bed in the morning. It’s all rather worrying really, so no more, or very little birding now.

Today’s photo … 


Jan shot through two separate plastic sheets.

Today’s funny …

After being married 25 years, a man looked at his wife one day and said, "You know, 25 years ago we lived in a cheap apartment, drove a cheap car, had only a sofa bed and watched a 14" black and white television. BUT, every night I got to sleep with a hot 25 year old blonde."
"Now," he continued, "We have a nice house, a new car, a big flat-screen TV, but I have to sleep with a 50 year old woman. It doesn't seem fair."
His wife was a reasonable woman. She replied, "Well, why don't you go out and get yourself a hot 25 year old blonde? Then I'll make sure you will once again live in a cheap apartment, drive a cheap car, have only a sofa bed and watch a 14" black and white television."
The man rethought his priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment