Thursday 10 September 2015

Life is changing



10 September

Got up this morning feeling pretty well shattered are round. I seemed to have slept well too. Whatever, I can’t sit and vegetate. Two days since I wrote the last one; day one I was out shopping and got back in time to do that day’s blog but was drained of energy when I got home. Yesterday we went out for a ride round together and felt OK but it was just before six when we got back, by then I felt it was too late to do one.

Yesterday was a big day for a lot of folks, not only in the UK but in New York too, I’m sure I don’t have to explain why. Which one is the more important though? That would be down to your own view of course, but for me it was the New York incident that I feel is of greater importance. Not only did 3,000 people died but the whole world was put on notice that life was changing for everyone. Every one of us has been effected by 9/11 in some way. Flying away anywhere? There’s more security in place now. We may not be actively looking for strange acting people around us, but we are likely to notice it a lot more now.

And now we have a much greater danger, and all over Europe too. On Facebook yesterday there was a photo of an ISIS fighter posing with an AK47 assault rifle, alongside a second photo of the same man in clean clothes and clean shaven now supposedly a refugee … https://www.facebook.com/612585995525442/photos/a.695184453932262.1073741828.612585995525442/818742654909774/?type=1&theater  and it is the same man as they have made clear. This is something I mentioned to Jan a week ago. What easier way of getting sleeper terrorists into a country than by posing as a refugee? Most of these people are coming from the countries where ISIUS is most active. We shall soon find out.

So our Liz has sat on the throne for 63 years; surely she must have got of it at some time? Of yes, different kind of throne I of course. Even so there are folks all over the UK getting excited over it and flying flags and cheering. I hope they don’t cheer too much and for too long cos she’ll never kick the bucket if they do! If you didn’t know before now, you will now know that I am not a royalist. Someone might say, ‘but you were in Army for 12 years!’ Yes I was, and yes I took an oath of allegiance. But did I really understand what I was doing in 1967 as a naive eighteen year old? I certainly wouldn’t do it now.

Actually, I’m feeling a tad guilty over something I did while shopping on Tuesday. You see, I bought two new paperback books a Peter James I haven’t read and a Lee Child because I’m not read of his stuff yet. Nowt wrong in that is there. Well, that depends you know, after all, I am a writer too. You can’t get my books at the moment but how would I feel if my books were on offer for £3.50 each? I might not be too happy about that. And yet that is what I paid for those two books, hence feeling guilty … … …

Today’s photo … 

Bone head.

Today’s funny …

Having lost most of his hearing a number of years ago, this elderly man goes to the doctor to be fitted with hearing aids which promise to allow him to hear 100%. A month later, he returns to the doctor for a check up on his progress. The doctor tells him that his hearing is perfect and asks if his family is pleased. The man says, "Oh, I haven't told them about the hearing aids yet. I just sit around and listen to them talk. I've changed my will three times!"

No comments:

Post a Comment