Tuesday 22 September 2015

Bits n bobs



22 September

Royal Fail has cocked it up yet again. We found a card through the letter box saying they had called at 10am to deliver a parcel and got no answer. That was probably because he didn’t ring the sodding bell! I have a feeling that he just couldn’t be bothered and just stuck the card through. Not good enough. Jan spent some time on a phone call and now they will try to delivery on Thursday. Why suppliers insist on using them I just don’t know.

Last night we sat and watched Mama Mia again. It was Jan’s turn to choose so she played safe and picked one she knows we both like. It then struck me that those dance routines were obviously well rehearsed and performed. And yet they storyline expects to you to believe they are spontaneous. Or does it I wonder. Look at all the other musicals down the years; they’ve all been the same. I don’t mind though, we watch a musical for entertainment, not for reality and accuracies.

I’ve started dating our DVDs now so that we don’t end up watching just the same ones all the time. Actually, I used to do that before when we had nearly 500 of them. It worked out that we watching them once every three or four years, unless we had itch to watch a particular one. That happened a when I fancied watching the third Die Hard film again. So we watched them all again. Why number three? It cos a few lines of one of my favourite songs in it, Summer in the City. It stops when the bomb goes off. How sad eh … … …

Germans are getting angered by their government attitude to the huge number of refugees arriving there. The open door policy is going to cost them dear I think. So many are ending up there that they country will not be able to house, cloth and feed them all. The financial cost will really high too. Once they settle in and join their local mosque, who can tell what will happen then. Someone in Europe is saying that we are seeing the Islamification of Europe right now in our life time. That should be a worry for all of us. How soon will Muslims take over the running of a country? What will be the consequences for us all then? I shudder to think about it.

And while all this is going on in Europe, the UK press is far more interested in whether Daft Dave (being true to that name), tried to screw a dead pig at uni. I’m not so worried one way or t’ther but it makes me wonder if he should be more careful in the friends he has. The other thing is though, if anyone is daft enough to do anything like that at any time, are they really suitable to be our Prime Muppet, on in office of responsibility anywhere for that matter.    

Books, books and more books. We have a book case thingy out by our front door, but it’s full of DVDs and CDs and all sorts of crap. I overbalanced beside it the other day and to my mind its past repair. Jan however says it can be saved. We shall have to do something with it soon though, Kile is due here this weekend and it’s not safe for him to sleep beside it right now. My preferred option is to put up the shelving we bought 18 months ago. It would also give us a lot more room as well. We shall see who wins, but methinks it won’t be me to start with.

Today’s photo is of another dream machine for me … 



Today’s funny …

An engineer was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket. The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week." The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket.
The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you and do ANYTHING you want." Again the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

The engineer said, "Look I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool."       

No comments:

Post a Comment