Saturday 12 September 2015

Education



12 September

Memory; not just me but from I’m told and read, writers have a pretty poor memory. We think of something, an idea or whatever and then think we will remember it; oh dear … that’s why we have our notebooks to hand so that the thought can be remembered later. And why do I mention this, again, well, I had a thought while I was watching telly this morning and now I can’t remember what it was at all. The reason this time is just plain laziness, I couldn’t be bothered picking up the pen and notebook. My fault see … … …

Kile is here as I said he would be. Right now he is sitting doing his homework, seven items of it, and this is his first full week at compressive school. That load will grow as he moves through the school. We are fortunate in that Kile enjoys being at school and works hard from what we have heard. He certainly works hard here when he comes with homework. Enjoying it is half the battle with school kids I think. These days so many of them actually hate school. It’s not the work as such it’s just that they hate being told what to do and the idea of being forced to go is what cause some to be disruptive. Well, that’s my thoughts anyway.

Enjoyment was the main reason I stopped my OU work in 2009. When I first started in 1996 I loved it. My aim was an Honours degree in history, and that is what I gained. After that I moved onto the sciences but I found the maths far too difficult. I just couldn’t ‘see’ how they worked. I had also thought that science was a black or white, yes or no subject. My foundation tutor said it wasn’t and was just as subjective and open to discussion just as any other discipline.

That, along with the maths confused me and I stopped enjoying the work. That was the time to stop studying. Let’s face it, I’d been at it since 1984/5 by then having started with a bible study course run by our pastor. It just grew from there I suppose as I enrolled for courses at the local college. Now I just sit and do nowt really but watch telly, read and odd bit of writing even so often.

Two of the items in Ebay didn’t sell, and were relisted straight away. I’ve just checked them and one of them has disappeared. I shall have to look into that later. If they don’t sell this time round, then I won’t relist them again. It would be a waste of time and effort to do so again. Maybe I’ll try Cash Converters or somewhere like that. Or I might give London Camera Exchange for a price on a part exchange deal. Something to think about later.

Today’s photo … 

A raptor.

Today’s funny … 

An elderly couple went to dinner at the home of some friends, also elderly. After dinner, the wives went into the kitchen and the two men were talking. One said, "We went out to dinner last night at a really good restaurant. I'd highly recommend it."
The second man said, "What's the name of it?"
The first man thought and thought, then said, "What's the name of that flower you give to someone you love, the one that is usually red that has thorns?"
"Oh, you mean a rose?" said the second man.

No comments:

Post a Comment