Wednesday 16 September 2015

Penny dropping shopping



16 September

There’s a smell of muck spreading floating about the place today and it’s not at all pleasant; as if we don’t get it as we are out and about.

A penny dropped for me this morning. The other day I mentioned that the Co-op in town is closing. Our town council has plans to rejuvenate the area, which includes the Co-op car park, the largest one level car park in town. And that is where the dropping penny came in. To me it all sounds a bit too convenient for it to happen. But there again, the Co-op rarely seems to have a have a lot of people in there these.

Even when we shopped there I was never very impressed by the fruit and veg in there. Prior to that they stopped the old ‘divi’ payments calming that prices would come down to account for it; well, they never did. Those two things meant they lost a lot of their key target shoppers. Added to that was at the same time Tesco was also in Queens Road at that time and were not only cheaper but gave away the old green shield stamps. Anyone remember by any chance.

Yesterday we went out shopping with a trip out to Fosse Way shopping centre at the end of the M69. I did actually have a reason to go there seeing as because as well as an large Asda there’s also a Currys, and I fancied a look at the cameras and lenses in there. Well, we didn’t do Currys but we did call into a pub on the A47 on our way home. We were both rather thirsty by the time we got there but we decided to have a meal as well. I ordered the budget fish and chips. The fish was from Thailand, panacious or something like that. It was OK I suppose but I’m not sure I would rush back for it.

A shopping trip with Jan is dangerous folks. We began at Dobbie’s garden centre and in their book shop I found two paperbacks for £5 again; Jan said, ‘You have them if you want them.’ So I did, as well as a spider plant, but no busy Lizzy though. Don’t know why but I just fancied having one of each about the place. That’s two garden centres we’ve been to and not found them.  

The story on last night’s news about the 12 year old who died after an accident at a footy game was tragic. And yet the family turned that tragedy into a victory by donating the lad’s organs for transplant. Well those parents. Jan and I have been on the transplant register for years now; well, why not, I won’t need the bits left over after I’ve been in the oven will I? So why not let be used, I see no reason why not. To that end last year we had this done, my one and only tattoo … 

I would encourage everyone else to do likewise please.

Today’s photo then …  Was I got this yesterday as we left the pub but it won't load for some daft reason.

And today’s funny …
Three old buddies are out for a walk.
Old guy #1 says, "Windy, isn't it?"
Old guy #2 says, "No, it's Thursday!"
Old guy #3 says, "So am I. Let's go get a milk shake."

No comments:

Post a Comment