Friday 25 September 2015

Time travel



25 September

Note taking has played a part in today’s blog again. The first thought that came to me as soon as I was posting yesterday blog, and here’s the note I made on here ready for today, ‘depression and daily reading of and about it.’ I’ve mention on here about my Black Dog that visits fairly often. It’s likely that regular readers may detect signs of it these blogs. I make no apology for when it does show, simply because no-one should ever have to apologise for what illness they have. One of my Facebook groups is the Black Dog Tribe where fellow suffers meet and chat about how they are. But I wonder … does reading about it every single day actually help or hinder? Never mind, onwards and upwards as the Mugg … err … someone has said.

The second note came to me at 1am this morning, again just as I was about to drop off. The subject this time was the date-line, you know, the invisible line somewhere on our planet where yesterday becomes today. And off went my mind thinking all sorts of crazy notions of time travel and remaining still in one place so that you always live in today, and not yesterday. But there again … what about the other way? What about finding the spot where today becomes tomorrow and you can live always in tomorrow? If it was possible, which one would go for and what you do there? As for me, I’m too lazy to go looking that magical place.

Jan is at the GP right now. Earlier she phoned them in the hope of getting an appointment next week, yes, we do sometimes have to wait that long. But as she spoke to the receptionist someone cancelled a 3pm appointment on-line. Jan snapped that when offered. I’m not surprised she has decided to see a GP, and nor would you if you saw the amount of pain she goes through trying to get up out of bed. The problem is her hips are shot. So why not get a hip replacement? Sounds good, but her shoulders are nearly as bad so she has been dreading asking about the first because she knows she would be able to use her crutches if she had her hips done. I hurt at time too, but compared with Jan, mine is a mild headache.

I mentioned the other day that I fell against a shelving unit in our hallway. Today we tried to get it sorted out, but as I thought, it couldn’t be fixed. It’s now in the bin seeing as our recycling system won’t deal with chip board. Now we will get my shelves up over the weekend seeing as Kile isn’t coming today, he picked up a virus somewhere or other. Poor lad, I hope he’s doing OK now. Getting back to that shelving unit, we found a lots of stuff on there that we are never going to use, so we began filling a large black bag to go to out favoured charity shop, The Warwickshire Air Ambulance. Since we started that game today we have also found loads more stuff left over from when Dave popped his clogs. Well, it has been eight years now … … …

Jan has just got back and the GP has increased doubled her pain meds and she now has to take them three times a day. I hope it works for her, I really do.

So today’s photo … 

a B&W plant study.

Today’s funny …

The company received a bill for $50,000 from the engineer for his service. They demanded an itemized accounting of his charges.
The engineer responded briefly: One chalk mark $1 Knowing where to put it $49,999 It was paid in full and the engineer retired again in peace.         

No comments:

Post a Comment