Thursday 24 September 2015

Sat sitting mubbling ...



24 September

Sat reading in the living room last night and my eyes began to feel rather sore, as if there was some smoke about. I mentioned it Jan and she was feeling it too. So I had a look around, even though we couldn’t actually smell burning or smoke. Nothing in the flat and from I could see there was burning outside either. So it looks like we might have a smoky ghost here.

It’s a really nice looking day out there today, yet am I sat here with me cardi zipped up I so cold. Last night I had to put socks on in bed my feet were so cold. Something else to add to the list for the Hussy next month. It’s an appointment I won’t forget seeing as it’s on my birthday. Oh yes, I didn’t mention it but I got on the scales on Sunday morning and found out I had lost another 3½ lbs; Jan had lost about the same as well. That’s good news for both of us.  

There’s a lot of mentions of the type, ‘you know you’re a reading addict when … ‘ appearing on Facebook now. One of them was feeling sad when you’re coming to the end of a novel. I’ve not felt that very often but with me having two on the go right now, I wonder how I will feel about them both ending in the next few days. Not too sad really seeing as Peter James has new ghost coming out on 6 October and Robert Galbriath has a new one out too about the same time. On top of that my TBR pile has another Peter James, several Ian Rankin one George EE Stewart and a couple of Steven King and a couple of new writers I haven’t read before, I don’t think I will sad for long. The TBR list on me kindle is even longer.

There used to be an evening paper here in town called Evening Tribune. A number of years ago a new called Dorktown (Nuneaton) News began publishing. The Trib went to a free weekly. Last year they stopped the delivered of it and made it a ‘pick-up’ paper. The other day I read that it is now closing down altogether. I’m not surprised though seeing that most of the local news was reported by the News during the week and the Trib was only repeating a few of those stories. For me though, the worst part of it will be if they also close their flikr group. I would miss that.

Anyway … I’m sat here mutter for the sake of it and I have too much stuff do ready for the boy arriving tomorrow straight from school; so today’s photo then … 

An old yanky job that lives just around the corner from us.

Today’s funny …

 What is the difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers? Mechanical Engineers build weapons, Civil Engineers build targets.      

No comments:

Post a Comment