Saturday 19 September 2015

Hot momma reats a heart mourmor?



19 September

Now, that is disappointing. At long last I have managed to get an adaptor to fit my Samyang 500mm reflex lens to my Nikon D5200. It does fit but I now get an error message saying there is no lens fitted to the camera. It’s a cheap lens that I bought or my A350, and yes, it did work on there OK. Some might say that I really need to look at buying a new lens, perhaps from Tamron or Sigma (the Nikon lenses are far too pricey for me.) But again, cost is a major factor and much more relevant is the weight of those lenses. There is no way I could manage to carry one of those around my neck/shoulders all day; add a decent tripod and all thoughts of that set up is out of touch. I need to re-think things again.

My copy of Which? Magazine arrived this morning, including the computing mag that is part of the subscription. Can you think of a dafter way to upset the editor of such as magazine that one? I can’t, but BT has managed. It seems that now BT has bought the rights to show European footy games, they have added £13.50 to his bill for the full sports package. He’s not a happy man right now simply because he doesn’t have the full sports package but their Sports Lite package. So he called the Customer Support line, and got the run around. Now he’s written an article about it and he hasn’t pulled any punches either.

Later in there is a customer survey of the larger broadband providers here in the UK. According to that survey, BT is third from the bottom, followed by Sky and last of all TalkTalk. Top of the list is Zen, but at £36 a month it’s expensive. We are with Virgin, half way down the list. It’s top speed though is up to 152Mbs, they fastest of the lot. So far we have been happy with Virgin, but I shall be looking at John Lewis and Utility Warehouse later today, simply because we are paying too much for Virgin now. I shall let you know how I get on.

Over the last few days I’ve been watching to TV news and looking at all those refugees swarming (and I do not apologise for using that word either!) into Europe. Something that struck me last night was the number of males, young males to the number of young females making the trip. Males far outnumber females. It makes me wonder why? Something else I’ve noticed is the vast majority of people in the refugee camps in Jordon and elsewhere, are females of all ages. This something our government should be asking about, why is there such a marked difference in the sexes of those in different situations.

Sadly our Sony A330 didn’t sell again. Ebay wants me to lower the start bids at a lower level, but I’m reluctant to do so. As well as the camera body and 18-50mm lens, there’s a Tamron 50-200mm lens, a spare battery and a 4gig SD card too. That is something else I need to think about. I’ve just thought that the disabled photographers group might be interested in taking it. I shall contact them later. But right now it’s sat here boxed up and ready to go so if any reader is interested, please let me know.

Parry Hotter and big red stone is being released in an illustrated version; it’s available now on pre-order,  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter-Philosophers-Stone-Illustrated/dp/1408845644/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1442667703&sr=1-1&keywords=harry+potter+illustrated   I was thinking of getting it but as I already have the full set in paperback anyway, do I need one with pictures in it? I think not. What I will go for though, is the new Cormoran Strike novel, I Career of Evil. But I wonder, Kindle or hardback, hardback or Kindle … oh dear, me eds urtin again.

Today’s photo then … 

a yellow crysisi plant on the market the other week.

Today’s funny …

An 84 year old man went to the doctor for a physical. A few days later the doctor saw him walking down the street with a gorgeous young woman on his arm. The next time the doctor saw him he asked how he was doing. "Great," said the old guy. "I did just what you told me. 'Get a hot momma and be cheerful.' "
"I didn't say that," said the doctor. "I said, 'You've got a heart murmur. Be careful.' "

No comments:

Post a Comment