Wednesday 26 August 2015

One role of parchment on ...



26 August

At long last I finished Lord of the Rings, well almost. What I mean is that I have finished the story itself; there’s a couple of hundred pages left going on about life lines, runes and so on which I won’t be bothering with. Two reasons for it, a, I’m not interested in them, and b, the font size is about half that of the main text, which was pretty small anyway. Now I can get on with the next in Game of Thrones.

The note books do come in handy folks. Take the other night while reading Witch Hunt, for example; the writer refers to CDHQ in the story. He then goes on to give it his own full title, Clock and Dagger HQ. I knew that one would come in handy at some point so I quickly made a note of it. That one was later added to … I regularly called Daft Dave our Prime Muppet, but I might change it to Prime Minestrone instead; well, if keeps flip-flopping about, why can’t we.

Nphoto mag next then, with another lesson for me. I can’t do sports photos. On page 32 of the current issue they quote Don Maculan saying, ‘Feel your photos …’ and that small quote from a short quote says it all for me. I don’t like sports, so therefore I can’t feel anything for sports photos. If I can’t feel them, then how can I take them? Well, I can’t can I, not if I want to get anything worthwhile anyway.

So another ex-MP is being dragged through the mucky stuff over claims of sex abuse.  This one is a Tory again, but Labour have had their own dark horses on this one. I have to admit to getting a tad tired over these allegations coming out so thick and fast, and I am beginning to wonder just how much band-wagon jumping is going on. Of course if these people have been abusing kids as is claimed then they must face to law, there’s no question in that, but I wonder just how much evidence there is for these claims to go to court.

I never really had a lot of time for Saville when he was on telly I suppose, he just seemed far too silly for my taste. Now of course we know just how much a monster he was, something he hid very well indeed. In a way we all should be thankful that at last the truth about him has come out. Since then it has lead on to all the other cases having come out since he died. One wonders just how much more is still to be made public, and how many people are now sitting and waiting or perhaps even planning a defence if their actions come to light.

But have you noticed that the incidents we hear about all of high profile people? There’s few, if any reports of the ‘man in street’ being taken to court over long strings of such abuse. Yes, there have been cases where groups of men have come together to abuse girls, Rotherham and Rochdale for example, but not the man next door who has been offending for the 30-40 years. That is why I wonder about the band wagon jumping when it comes to celebrity cases. They normally have dosh to be claimed on, the man next door doesn’t.

Today’s photo … 

A florist stall in the market last week.

Just one more one-liner funny question I think …

 When you get to heaven, are you stuck for eternity wearing the same clothes you were buried in?             

No comments:

Post a Comment