Saturday 22 August 2015

Hot, stucky and whats for dinner?



22 August

As you can see, I’m running a bit late today cos I went off into town for a couple of hours. Jan met up with after attending her barbi (which I was invited to but was interested in), before we went off the Dobies Garden World for an hour. By the time we got back here I’d got about 50 photos and I shall be editing those as I go on.

For the first time in a long time I’ve bought a copy of Computer active, and again, it’s the last one. I was thinking that it had closed down cos I haven’t seen one nearly a year. The front page shows the Windows 10 logo and underneath is The definitive guide. A quick look and the first thing I noticed was a page headline that reads, Windows 10: now the hidden costs start to appear. Not a good start methinks, but I shall read more soon.

Dobies was a bit of a disappointment for me really. It wasn’t their fault I hasten to add; no, not at all. It’s a big store and walking around using my stick caused me quite a bit of pain today. By the time I left Jan at the checkout (she’d robbed me all me cash by that point too), I’d had enough and headed back to the car. It wasn’t just pain though folks, oh no … my right leg had gone numb and the pins and needles had started. As I walked I felt as though I had no control in that leg at al; it felt as though it was doing what it wanted, not what I wanted. I shall be on the phone to the GP on Monday to make sure they have done the referral for me.

Of course, part of my problem is the amount of weight I carry, and have done for around 45 years now. I am trying hard to lose it and indeed I was down nine kilos in six months earlier. To that end then, I’m eating a lot of salad and veg based food, but you know what, I’m getting fed-up with lettuce and such like. So I have been looking for books/mags that might give me ideas. Most of those I’ve seen have been aimed squarely at ladies but I found a BBC mag today that might be useful. I’ve also noticed the costs involved too and seeing as we would be buying just for me, it gets even more expensive. Next year might see me buying a couple of planters and growing some bits for myself.

I also bought a copy of today’s Maily Dale cos of the front page headline. A 16 year old Muslim girl has been taken into care because her parents had radicalised her to become a jihadi bride for ISIS. Here brothers and sisters have been receiving the hate filled message. In various areas across the UK there is clear hatred of Muslims, and I have no sympathy with such views. And yet cases like these that go on behind closed doors do not do anything to reduce the fear and anger that causes the hatred to nurture and grow. I find it all very sad.

Anyway, today’s photo is one from today … 

Clouds I shot on the way down the A5 towards home.

Today’s funny …

An unanswerable question … When do you become important enough to be considered assassinated and not just murdered?   

No comments:

Post a Comment