Monday 10 August 2015

Britush workers?



10 August

You will have realised I had a day off writing me blog yesterday, however, I did get another 1,000 words of Arathusia done. It’s coming on, if slowly; all I really need to do is to stop dragging me sorry ass and get on with it.

There was an inspection of the work that’s been going on our flats, and I think they have found quite a bit that still needs doing. Most of the down pipes haven’t been finished and some of the roofing areas about the rear block doors also need finishing. They arrived outside ours and Jan was out like a shot to point out a problem with some of the down pipes that have been finished.

I haven’t really understood fully what she was on about, so I’ve just been out to have a look. And she’s right; the down pipe from the guttering over the rear door doesn’t go into a drain; no, it pours rain water straight on to a slopping paved footpath. Heavy rain, a sudden freeze and that slope would be become a sheet of ice, not good for the disable folk living in the ground floor flats.

But that isn’t all; I stood back a good way and looked at the entry roofing … I’m not impressed! There’s corrugated metal sheets from the window to the guttering. On top of some of them there’s a few of the metal roofing sheets that have been used on the main roof. The down pipe from the main roofing just ends onto the corrugated metal, but where does it go for there? The corrugated metal has been installed horizontally, and any rain will flow under the roofing sheets, not over them. I can see that as being another issue before long.

Do you remember a young girl by the name of Mary Bell? And how about the killers of Jamie Bulger killers Venables and Thompson? We know these names because the courts gave permission for their names to be released. So why aren’t we allowed to know the name of the racist ass-wipe who stabbed one of his teachers at school in Bradford? Perhaps the reason is where the attack happened, in Bradford. There’s a very large ethnic spread in the city and perhaps that’s why he is being protected. Not for him as such but to prevent any inter racial reaction.

Here we are, not even mid-August and yet the Boring Game has already begun. Now loads of time will be spent in reporting it on telly and my sleep apnoea will swing in top gear whenever it comes on. Mind you, the same happens with tennis, golf, cricket, hoss racing and show jumping, motor racing – and as for speedway … give us a break!

The other day I mentioned that I was putting some stuff up on eBay. Well, I tried to and it all went well until I tried posting the ad. Then it threw a wobbler and asked for any other eBay accounts at the same address. Strange that, seeing as I only have one account. Then it dawned on me, Jan has one too. So now I have to get her account details and see if I can get the damned ad to go then. The three items are sat here, parcelled up ready to go, I that’s need is for me to get by this stupid block!

Today’s photo then is … 

Jan’s Sony Alpha 330 and added bits I want up on eBay.

Today’s funny …

Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN JAPAN) for 6 a.m. While his coffee pot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).
After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB. At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while. He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in … Britain … … …

No comments:

Post a Comment