Sunday 30 August 2015

Name calling and violence threatened



29 August

Deary-deary me, the locals in Ipswich are up in arms and threatening violence upon my person. And why? Well, one of my nephews has named his daughter Destiny. She’s a pretty little girl but don’t like the name they chose for her. It seems that a lot of people are naming kids with similar names these days, look at Beckham kids for example. At least Destiny has been born into a stable relationship, for which I am pleased about.

Why don’t I like Destiny? Two reasons, 1, it’s the sort of name that Africans name their kids; 2, I can see Destiny getting a pretty hard time later in life because of it. Actually, it’s not really a matter of disliking it as such, more a case of thinking that it’s inappropriate for a white English girl in my opinion. Still, the deed is done and the girl will grow up and live with it. I just hope I am wrong and that no-one tells her of all this fuss and bother. I fear she will have enough to deal with anyway without knowing that someone has caused so much hatred to poured out over her name.

Our flat is feeling empty again. Kile is on his way home and this place is quiet again. Jan has taken him to church and then he will be taken to home from there. At least I can get some writing done now, or I hope so anyway. As I’ve said before I really do need peace and quiet to get any real writing done. Earlier this week I had an idea that I shall try out later this week. Basically, it’s got through with one of our folding tables and sit on the end of the bad to write. Why I hadn’t thought of this before I don’t know, but there you have it.

Yesterday I bought a Guardian newspaper, so far I’m not impressed, although there are few sections left to go through yet. It puzzles me as to how folks can read so many supplements there are in our weekend papers, I certainly can’t read them all in one day. As it is I already ditch the sports, gardening, money and property sections anyway. Having said all that, if the Telegraph moved to the easier to handle tabloid size, I would go for that one every day anyway.

August Bank Holiday Monday tomorrow, so what shall be do I wonder. Looking at the weather I can’t see us going anywhere simply because it’s not much fun out in the rain and using our scooters. We have DVDs to watch, a lot of recorded shows to watch and again, it’s a chance to get some writing done too. Jan will no doubt be engrossed in sorting out her growing bonsai collection. And I shall be trying to get my stuff on to Ebay, if it lets me this time! Ebay seems to change every time I go on it, bloody thing!

For today at least I have a lot of photos to edit, but before I started this I edit this one … 


Kile on the rock climbing thingy on Friday.

Today’s funny …

Three elderly sisters, ages 92, 94 and 96, shared a house together. One evening, the 96 year old sister went upstairs to take a bath. As she put her foot into the tub, she paused. Then she yelled down to the other two sisters and asked, "Was I getting in the tub or out?"
"You dern fool," said the 94 year old. "I'll come up and see." When she got half way up the stairs she paused. "Was I going up the stairs or down?"
The 92 year old sister was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup of tea and thought, "I hope I never get that forgetful, knock on wood." She shook her head and called out, "I'll be up to help you both as soon as I see who's at the door."

No comments:

Post a Comment