Wednesday 19 August 2015

Dorktown in Warwickshire



19 August

Two days off in three days, wow, I’m doing good folks. Anyway, we were a tad busy most of yesterday, that’s why I didn’t do it.

The Coventry Canal runs through part of Dorktown, and it’s a popular leisure area for boaters, walkers, cyclists, and of course, anglers. Take a slow walk along there and the wildlife you can see is amazing. The other day a mute swan was found shot dead along there at Cat Gallowshttp://www.nuneaton-news.co.uk/Man-arrested-swan-shooting-Nuneaton/story-27630324-detail/story.html . For once the cops have acted and a man has been arrested over it. Time he was named and shamed. And then locals ask me why I call the Dorktown … … …

Jan’s sister Trish wasn’t effected by the bombing in Bangkok earlier. She is aware of it of course but luckily her Keith and the family were well out of the way. Her son Craig is a business man out there and Trish is running a tee-shirt printing company for him. They have some really nice designs available and the basic shirts seem to be very cheap. Every so often a parcel arrives here from Trish with a couple of tops for Jan. Two arrived yesterday and Jan is well pleased with them.

Bangkok is just one of the many cities I would love to go and see. The photo-opps out there look to be limitless apart from your imagination. Trish has said we can stop with her so all we would need to fins is the pocket money and the air fare. I’m not too sure about the flight time though, and although I’m sure the in-flight meals would be OK for me, I can’t see Jan eating them at all. That would be the same when we went into the city centre too. But I’m sure we could find her a Big Mac. But right now, it looks a long way to get blown-up!

The new voting registration forms are on the way round, we got ours on Monday. It’s filled in and ready to be sent off. I’m not sure that they will accept to two changes I’ve made though. Under nationality I’ve crossed out British and added English!, with the exclamation mark. A Scot and say he’s a Scot; the Welsh and say they’re Welsh, so why can’t we say that we are English? I was born in this town in Warwickshire, so that makes me English; it’s time we English stood up and said so as loudly as we can.

Today’s photo shows the public waiting for their turn on town centre bum washer …



Today’s funny …

 Questions asked in a courtroom can be very revealing... especially in the South. Even of an old, sweet lady many would be happy to call grandma.
In a trial in the heart of the South, a prosecuting attorney called his first witness, a grandmotherly woman he had known since childhood, to the stand.
He approached her and asked, "Mrs. Whitaker, do you know me?"
She responded, "Why, yes, I do know you, Mr. Coolidge. I've known you since you were a young boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to me. You lie, cheat, you manipulate people and talk about them behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't the brains to realize you never will amount to anything more than a two-bit lawyer. Yes, I know you."
The lawyer was stunned! Not knowing what else to do, he pointed across the room and asked, "Mrs. Whitaker, do you know the defense attorney?"

She again replied, "Of course, I do. I've known Mr. Johnson since he was a youngster, too. He's lazy, bigoted, and he has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with anyone and his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Yes, I know him."

The defense attorney turned red with embarssment.
The judge upon hearing the questions and answers thusfar asked both counselors to approach the bench. In a very quiet voice he said, "If either of you asks her if she knows me, I'll throw you in jail for contempt."

No comments:

Post a Comment