Saturday 12 November 2016

National poll results

12 November

At long last I got my US tax thingy sorted, all do to an article in this month’s issue of Writing Magazine. Now my books are list again and for that I was rather a happy-chappie when I went through to bed. However, as everything within Janronland, I managed to cock it up by getting around 11.30 and getting myself four chocolate digestive biscuits. They gave me heart burn for most of the night. Ah well … … …

Kile turned from school again yesterday afternoon and lucky for him we had just arrived home from shopping. We normally go for a drink afterwards but decided not to yesterday as when he walked in through the door I was out in the kitchen making a drink and Jan was just off to get changed again. He had a big smile on his face when he walked in too. It seems Billy and Vicky, his step sister and brother are at their grans’ place just around the corner from us, so there was no way he was going home to be on his own all weekend, and I can’t say I blame him for that.

I’ve said I have a distant cousin living in Colorado and yesterday she made a comment on Facebook which I entirely agree with. The news last night show pictures of the rioting going on over the US election result. Janice made the comment along the lines of, ‘although we have the right of free speech and to protest, there is no excuse for flag burning and rioting over the result. That is not legitimate protest, it’s just crying because you didn’t get your own way!’ And that is something I can agree with 100%. However, and this is where I can understand why it’s happening, it seems that Clinton got more votes overall than Farter. She lost because of the electoral college voting system they have over there and Farter got more of those votes than she did. So he becomes #45.         

We shouldn’t be too smug over that should we? Why? Simply because we vote for our own Muppet Person in constituencies across the UK don’t we. As in the States, it’s the party with higher number of seats that wins, not the party who get the most votes. That is why I would prefer an PR system, but when we were asked we as a country prefer the current system, so I have to live by that. Interesting eh?

Then the Tartan Terror in Edinburgh open her mouth. ‘You might like the result, but you should respect the vote of the people.’ But is she doing the same I wonder? She is now looking for ways to hold another referendum on the Scottish independence questions because of the UK-wide BREXIT vote. So why is she not respecting that result? Simply because she’s a contrary madam and a politician to boot. I have feeling she may come to regret that comment of hers.

Today’s Photo is of Kile …


Today’s funny …

At a party a woman was talking to a doctor. "What kind of a doctor are you?" she asked.
"A Naval surgeon," he replied.
"My, how you doctors specialize," she said.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment