Sunday 13 November 2016

Another short one


13 November


And so we come to the day when we come together to remember our war dead in remembrance based on the Cenotaph in London. I can’t be there, just as I can’t be at our local event either, so I shall be sitting here watching the whole thing in London. And so at 11.20, The National Anthem plays and the royals walk off the parade and the marchpast begins, all meticulously timed.     


Our passports need renewing but it came to me last night whether a new passport would be valid when we do finally withdraw from the EU. At around £80 a knock, having to renew them again in two or three years is going to work out expensive. And yet needs must I suppose. If we want to go off for a weeks’ holiday, and Jan has her heart set on doing so next year anyway, then we will need to get them renewed. But where will we go; Janis looking at the Costas, but I’m looking more to Cyprus, but we’ll see next year.


It seems an earthquake has hit New Zealand yet again. So far there are no reports of casualties, which will a relief to the Kiwis. Measuring 7.4 in scale it’s certainly lager than any quake we have here in the UK, which is a relief to us of course. But did you know that there was a quake here on the 11th? No, I didn’t either until I looked at … http://www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk/earthquakes/recent_uk_events.html


This one Struck at 1.20pm at Invermoriston in Scotland. They had another one there on the on 3rd too. Even so, none of them were much over a scale of 1.0 here inland. A few were stronger out beneath the sea. Thinking back though, the only I can say for sure that I was aware of was while we lived in Bed’th, even so, I didn’t feel it but heard the shaking of Jan’s wardrobe doors shaking. Thankfully, we don’t get any of the massive quakes here that kill and cause so much damage and destruction.


Well, I think it’s time to wrap this one off here I think, so now for a photo …

Kile again, and he didn’t look all that comfortable really. But he says he’s afraid of heights. So why did he climb up there was my question – and I’m still waiting for a reply.


Today’s funny then …


Knock, knock.
Who's there?
Carmen.
Carmen who?
Carmen get it.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment