Friday 4 November 2016

Enemy of the people - High Court judges or Word?


4 November


Yesterday’s news about the court case over triggering Article 50 caught more than a few of us out. For me it’s mainly down to not knowing enough of our constitution. As it now stands BREXIT can be damaged or totally derailed by a few money grubbers who are unhappy about the democratically run referendum. It’s alright for those who the cash to waste on arcane legislation eh? But hang on a sec, a thought comes to me as I write this: was the original referendum that took us in to the Common Market legal or anti-constitutional? I can’t remember any details now anyway, been to bed and slept a few times since then. May should have triggered the article straight away on taking office. But another thought comes … who was it that suggested the court case? Was it the money people or someone else, maybe someone in Brussels who suggested it as a way for preventing BREXIT ever happening? Now that’s a thought eh …


These judges are certainly living in a place I don’t recognise, something I have always thought anyway, but that ruling yesterday proves it to my mind. The Daily Mail calls then ‘enemies of the people,’ again something that all too clear with their continued of allowing appeals by people considered a danger to us all. After yesterday it is clear to everyone that they are the enemy of the UK as a whole; but what can we do about it? Very little I think, they are now Law Lords and even if they removed or forced out to their cushy little offices, they can still sit in the House of Lords and play havoc in legislation that comes their way.


Moving on then … did you watch that TV series Him? We did and totally enjoyed it, that is until the end. We thought the end was a bit of damp squid really, like so many other books/shows/films these days. The film Gone Girl was another one. I’d begun reading the book but gave up with that fairly early on, but hoped the film would be better, it wasn’t, yet another damp squid. There seems to be so many like that these days that I’m starting to think that some writers and movie makers are getting lazy in their old age. Or am I getting too judgemental in my old age I wonder … … …


Somewhere, somehow, my Word document that I type this blog into before posting it, has suddenly lost over 100,000 words from the word count. Just over a week ago it was reading around 950,000 words and I was looking forward to reporting that it stood at over million. Two days ago I noticed the word count had changed, now reading 803,680, that’s a lot of words to go missing folks, even more so seeing as the page count has remained the same. And, yes, I do save it every time I close it. Over the last few days I’ve also noticed that Word is pointing out sections where it thinks I can cut a word, ‘actually doing’ from yesterday is one such where it wants to me to remove ‘actually’. OK, fine, it still reads fine, but I like it as it is, so ignore it when it happens now.


Today’ photo …


1-2-1


Today’s funny …


When the high court judge arrived home looking tired and exhausted he sighed and told his wife, "It's been another trying day."       

No comments:

Post a Comment