Saturday 13 October 2012

A birthday, a jinx and music playing



13 October 2012

I've come to realize that the house had a benefit over our current flat.  We have Kile with us this weekend and Jan is busy playing on the Wii with him.  I really can't get my head around these silly games you know, just pointless to me.  However, Jan loves them so is happy to play with Kile.  And here's the issue - we are all in the one living room whereas in the house I would go into the back room or upstairs to work on my 'puter while they play.  Now I have to listen as they pla ... hang on a sec ... YES!!!  Got it.  I found some headphones and I had Band on the Run playing ;-)))

Coventry is home to some of the production plant for LTI, the London Black cab makers.  They are having to recall some 400 cabs because of fault in the steering box.  That recall is having a serious negative effect on the factories cash flow.  According to the Coventry Telegraph it looks as though the company will go into administration soon.  It seems so sad that the city will lose such an important company, but do you know what, that site was also home to the Alvis, another car company.  Surely the site isn't jinxed is it?

The paper's On this Day feature goes right back to AD 54 today.  On this date in that year, Roman Emperor Claudius I died from eating poisonous mushroom.  His wife Agrippina was behind the plot to kill him.  Some wife eh?
Another regular is a list of important folks birthdays.  Today it's Mad Maggie's birthday!  I'm sure they could have found someone more deserving to be mentioned. 

I love this photo ... 

it's the flying arches outside the transport museum in Coventry.

And on another affair ...
 
A mortician was working late one night.  He examined the body of Mr. Schwartz,
About to be cremated, And made a startling discovery. Schwartz had the largest private part He had ever seen!
'I'm sorry Mr. Schwartz,' the mortician Commented, 'I can't allow you to be cremated With such an impressive private part. It must be saved for posterity.'
So, he removed it, Stuffed it into his briefcase, And took it home.
'I have something to show You won't believe,' he said to his wife, Opening his briefcase.
'My God!' the wife exclaimed, 'Schwartz is dead!'

No comments:

Post a Comment