Saturday 27 October 2012

Autumn colours, a late night and revenge taken



27 October 2012

I'm late posting today folks because I wanted to get into town and see what photos I could get while I was down there.  I came back with 88 shots but as usual not all of them is worth doing anything with.  I have just posted those on Flicker later if you want to have a look ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/15764683@N00/

While I was in the Willy White today the bar maid was telling me she was on duty till 3.30am tomorrow - I shall be turning over in bed for the second time just then.  That late closing is shear stupid!  It will probably be kids out till that late at night but where is the money coming from?  Even when I used to be a heavy drinker (12 pints a night was a quiet night for me in those days), I wouldn't be out that late.  It's no wonder so many get so drunk they don't know what they are doing.

The Telegraph was late arriving this morning so I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, but I did buy a Maily Dail.  Front page of that is a story of a guy who took one of these cold call companies to court for wasting his time when the phoned him.  He had warned them that if they did call him again he would be sending them an invoice for the time wasted in answering them.  A couple of days later they did phone so he sent them a £10 invoice for the wasted time.  They didn't pay so he went to Small Claims Court and got a payment of £195 off them.  Good on him I say ... ... ...

There's lots of autumn colours out there for us snappers.  Here's one from today then ...  

Even so, I would still like to get over pond and get some nice shots over there.  So here's one of me scooter too ... 

and very good it is too ;-)))

Watch what you're drinking guys - or make sure the Boss doesn't find out - as this tale tells us ...

Jake is dying...
His wife, Ruth, was maintaining a candlelight vigil by his side. She held his fragile hand, tears running down her face. Her praying roused him from
his slumber. He looked up and his pale lips began to move slightly.
"Ruth my darling," he whispered.
"Hush my love," she said. "Rest, don't talk."
He was insistent. "Ruth," he said in his tired voice, "I have something that I must confess."
"There's nothing to confess," replied the weeping Ruth, "Everything's all right, go to sleep."

"No, no I must die in peace. Ruth, I slept with your sister, your best friend, her best friend and your mother!"
"I know, my sweet one," whispered Ruth, "let the poison work."     

No comments:

Post a Comment