Tuesday 28 August 2012

Writing space, a moral and new kit on the way

28 August 2012

I was a bit shaken up this morning when I got up have a bad dream as Jan called me.  In the dream I got off a bus somewhere or other and was placed onto a sit-up bed thingy with a towel being held across my stomach.  There were two large bloodless cuts on there with my insides hanging out.  I looked at my legs and the right also had bloodless cuts at the knee and the ankle and I could see the bone for its full length.  Nurse were moving about around me and ignoring me.  Jan was trying to get them to help me but she was taken off somewhere calling my name - and that's when I woke up.  I know it sounds daft but it really did drain and shake me up first thing.

Well, that's all out the way now thankfully.  My order with WEX - was warehouseexpress.com - has been made and it will be delivered some time tomorrow by everyone's favourite Parcel Farce.  I could have done without having to wait in for them!  I just don't trust them.  We will both be pleased when it does arrive though and we're now planning a day out either Thursday or Friday depending on weather.  This time I shall make sure I don't lose it all.

One of the blogs I follow is this one ...  http://simonwhaleytutor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/where-do-you-write.html  It's full of useful and interesting points and ideas for us writers.  Yesterday Simon posted a photo of his writing space and I promised I would post of mine.  As you can see ... 

it's not as neat and tidy as Simon's but I plead still sorting out from our move a couple of months ago.  In reality though, it's just plane laziness cos I can't be bothered to tidy it up ;-)))  But that is a fresh mug of tea there!

My foot butcher is due here at 1pm.  That means I will have to wash me feet ... that's a couple of months really for pete's sake ;-)))

Later Jan and I going out to do some shopping and while we're out we are going to have a steak and chips.  Jan will probably have a pudding as well, she normally does.  This will be our first meal out since we moved.  Looking forward to it as well.

OK, you can have a second photo today ... 

I think this is a bee orchid.  Whatever it is it's a cracker of a flower.

And the moral is ...    

A sales rep, an administration clerk, and the manager are walking to lunch when they find an antique oil lamp. They rub it and a Genie comes out. The Genie says, "I'll give each of you just one wish." "Me first! Me first!" says the admin. clerk. "I want to be in the Bahamas driving a speedboat, without a care in the a world." Poof! She's gone.
"Me next! Me next!" says the sales rep. "I want to be in Hawaii, relaxing on the beach with my personal masseuse, an endless supply of Pina Coladas and the love of my life." Poof! He's gone.
OK, you're up," the Genie says to the manager. The manager says, "I want those two back in the office after lunch."
Moral of the story: Always let your boss have the first say.

No comments:

Post a Comment