Tuesday 7 August 2012

Tests, a scooter and the disabled

7 August 2012

Just how low can anyone get?  Front page of the News this morning is a story of a lady who is now housebound simply because some moronic idiot stole and then smashed up her mobility scooter.  I suppose that the batteries do have some scrap value but I don't know how much, be even so, it's pretty despicable! 

My real concern though is that this might be yet another incident of disabled hatred which seems to be growing within the UK at the moment.  It seems to me that while the disabled were quiet and kept themselves to themselves in their homes and didn't go out much if ever, then that was fine.  Now of course the disabled have a much louder voice and are seen much more often.  That is just not on in some peoples agenda, the selfish, inconsiderate morons who will applaud what has happened to this lady.

I well remember pushing Jan in her wheelchair all over town and seeing the looks of hate and disgust and some peoples' faces.  One guy in particular who I labelled as being a muscle-bound moron, a gym bunny with more brawn that brains was especially good at looking in disgust.  I don't know what happened to him but one day I was out and about I saw him in a wheelchair being pushed by someone.  Sorry folks, but I just couldn't resist giving him the same disgusted look as he always gave Jan and me.  I also made the comment that he knows what it's like now and was reaping what he had sowed.  He wasn't at all happy.  I've not seen him for a very long time now.

Team GB is stuttering at the moment.  We watched the javelin girl go out because of an injury, and the 100m hurdles guy crash out too.  At least he could walk out of the arena, not like the former Olympic champion Chinese guy who had to be wheeled out in a wheelchair.  How can anyone not admire the fitness and dedication of these people, winners or not.  Just getting there makes them all are heroes in my opinion.

Continuing along these lines I offer this ... 

a photo of a tug of war match at Bramcote Barracks a few years ago.

And the funny for today ...

Two young engineers applied for a single position at a computer company. They both had the same qualifications. In order to determine which individual to hire, the applicants were asked to take a test by the department manager.
Upon completion of the test, both men had each missed only one of the questions. The manager went to the first applicant and said, ''Thank you for your interest, but we've decided to give the job to the other applicant.''
"And why would you be doing that? We both got nine questions correct," asked the rejected applicant.
"We have based our decision not on the correct answers, but on the question you missed," said the department manager.
"And just how would one incorrect answer be better than the other?" the rejected applicant inquired.
''Simple,'' said the department manager, ''Your fellow applicant put down on question #5, 'I don't know.' You put down, 'Neither do I.'''               

No comments:

Post a Comment