Tuesday 7 October 2014

Travel insurance, poor 3rd world health systema and my bloody hip hurts!



7 October

Something to watch out for folks; Spain has a conformed case of ebola in Madrid with a further 25 suspected cases. It’s getting closer to our borders all the time. Having said that, and not wishing to be seen as racist in any way, Europeans are perhaps more able to deal with it. The main reason for that is simply down to resources. Europe has large and modern hospitals where West Africa doesn’t. The result is that people who are perhaps infected are being sent away and the infection spreads much more widely. That doesn’t happen in Europe.

This is the sort of problem that world health agencies have been worried about. Over the years there have been worries when various forms of flu have raised their heads. And again, these seem to start in poorer areas of the world where health care is lacking. I suppose we just have to wait and see how things go.

We are sat waiting for our insurance papers to arrive. Because of our various medical conditions, we need to let any insurance company know about all of them. That is why we use Saga for our travel insurance. It’s cost us £184 as it was and now we have to get back in touch and tell them about the problems Jan has had with her dentistry. I hope that isn’t going to add a lot to the cost. It also mean I have to spend some time and get my printer working again seeing as it stop a couple of weeks ago and I haven’t bothered getting it sorted.

Yesterday I went into town to the Coventry to collect our currency ready for next week. It took a few minutes cos it was in safe and she couldn’t get to it for a while. Eventually she did, signed and then left the bank. Once in the car I unlocked the glove box to put it away – but I didn’t have it in my hand! Opps, I searched the car, not there; I retraced my steps to the bank, I was actually parked outside there so it didn’t take long. Eventually I started looking inside the car again and found it straight away. It was in a small plastic envelope and had slipped out of the receipt and down between the two front seats. Oh the fun we have here in Dorktown … … …

I’m feeling the effects of the change in weather with my arthritis starting to kick in. My right hip in particular is really hurting today. Just taken some more painkillers and that should help.

Well, photo time … 

A serious crime against a car.

Today’s funny …

old men1

No comments:

Post a Comment