Saturday 25 October 2014

A busy day yesterday, do-gooders and an unfair ad?



25 October

Early GP appointments yesterday morning and a pretty full day following on, means that I offer apologies for missing writing yesterday’s blog.

Anyway … we now have Kile for a few days seeing as he’s on mid-term break. Sadly, because of how we both feel right now, we won’t be taking him out this time round. We’ve explained it to him and he’s happy with it; but depends on how we feel Monday or Tuesday and we might get him down to Titchwell birding. He’ll like that.

The do-gooders have struck again! A man who shot and killed two unarmed coppers in 1966 is being released. What it is with these prats that they seem to think that they are the guardians of society and the arbitrators of justice? How many of these killers have been released and gone on to kill again, or offend in other ways? Will they at some point ever learn that they are wrong? Of course they won’t, they are more than likely sociologists who claim to know everything about everyone in every situation. The damage these wankers have done to the UK can’t be measured. Maybe it’s time that, we the people, stood up to them and said, ‘NO MORE!’

There was an item on Facebook yesterday that I saw that really bugged me … here’s the URL for it … https://www.facebook.com/Robertsliardon/photos/a.202422793121185.56750.196898633673601/926102210753236/?type=1  Who do these people think they are to tell the rest of us where we can walk our dogs! Of course, looking at it again, it could well be a hoax; after all. I can’t see a Muslim Not using a capital I in Islamic. If it is genuine, then is it any wonder that people are getting fed up with them?

I was reading through my copy of N-Photo, a magazine dedicated to Nikon users and came across and ad for another mag called Digital Camera. I used to have this one subscription to a couple of years ago. Anyway … the ad was for a payment of £86 you get a year’s subscription to DC print edition, a year’s subscription to the on-line edition, a year’s subscription to the weekly Photography Weekly. On top of you get one of the photo book mags, a Teach Yourself Photography DVD. I was really up for this one until I read it again; the on-line editions are just for i-Pad and i-Phone but do not included Android devices. That has put me off. I shall be going on their website later and asking why it isn’t available for Android.

I am slowly getting through my holiday photos so here’s one ready for posting …

One of a number of large cacti we saw out there.

And the sage has been good to us again …

Six year old Annie returns home from school and says she had her first family planning lesson at school. Her mother, very interested, asks; "How did it go?"
"I nearly died of shame!" she answers. "Sam from over the road, says that the stork brings babies. Sally next door said you can buy babies at the orphanage.
Pete in my class says you can buy babies at the hospital."
Her mother answers laughingly, "But that's no reason to be ashamed."
"No, but I can't tell them that we were so poor that you and daddy had to make me yourselves!"
        

No comments:

Post a Comment