Thursday 30 October 2014

A lost ad, checking FB items before sharing and a new malt

30 October

For a long time I have been looking for a bottle of Singleton malt whiskey; yesterday I found one at Tesco Arena while out shopping yesterday. Obviously, I snaffled one of the two bottles on display even though I have half a bottle of Ardmore beside me. That’s set up now until well into next year.

Over the last week I read an ad for a camera mag that I fancied taking up. The offer was for one off payment of £84 you get a year’s print subscription of Digital Camera along with a year subscription to the online version, a year of Photography Weekly, a DVD of Teach Yourself Photography and one of those bookmags that are popular right now. I didn’t take up the offer because the online version was for iPad/iPhone, with no mention of Android devices. But guess what? I can’t find the damned ad now! I wonder how many other things will go missing, we still haven’t found those batteries and filter yet either.

One of my FB friends posted something on there yesterday saying that a case of ebola had been found in Dorktown and the patient was in the Hussy being treated. Jan pointed it out to me so when I went online and had a look I followed a link to the story which took me to a story of a case in Stratford on Avon. It shows how blindly sharing item on FB might cause panic in some users.

FB is OK, as long as you remember not to take everything on there as being the truth. I shared one about a poppy seller who was supposedly kicked out of a supermarket into the cold outside by an uncaring manager. I hadn’t check it out properly first. The truth of it was that the British Legion had been offered a pitch either inside or outside the store; RBL went for the outside option. Maybe the manager involved might have handled it more sensitively, but it does show how easy it is to get things wrong on there. It also shows that we can’t take anything on there as being 100% truthful!

Photo time ... 

Jan in oggy.   

Today’s funny …

 The poor man was such a habitual drinker that even he was finally convinced that he was an alcoholic . At his family’s urging he went to see a psychiatrist. After a lengthy consultation, the doctor sternly ordered that hereafter, every time the patient got drunk he was to report his transgression the very next day. A few days later the patient staggered into the psychiatrist’s office. “I wanna report that I wash drunk last night,” he mumbled. “For heaven’s sake, man, you’re drunk right now! ”cried the doctor. “Yeah I know,” said the patient, “but I’m gonna report this tomorrow.”
The poor man was such a habitual drinker that even he was finally convinced that he was an alcoholic . At his family’s urging he went to see a psychiatrist. After a lengthy consultation, the doctor sternly ordered that hereafter, every time the patient got drunk he was to report his transgression the very next day. A few days later the patient staggered into the psychiatrist’s office. “I wanna report that I wash drunk last night,” he mumbled. “For heaven’s sake, man, you’re drunk right now! ”cried the doctor. “Yeah I know,” said the patient, “but I’m gonna report this tomorrow.”

Read more at: undefined | Great Clean Jokes

No comments:

Post a Comment