Tuesday 28 October 2014

Lazy morning, catching up slowly and Catch 22



28 October

Oh dear … half the day and gone and nowt done! We didn’t get up until 10.30 this morning. OK, we don’t have anything to get up really early for but at time it does feel as if half the day has gone already.

Jan is recovering from her dehydration well by now, which is good for her. This morning however, the pain in my left side is really bad, probably worse than it was after I fell. Good job I have plenty of pain killers to hand.

We still have a lot of bits to do after our week away though. One of them is to find missing bits n bobs, like my blue badge holder which seems to have disappeared. I took my Sony A77 with me so took all the new Nikon bits out of my camera bag and put them away … hahaha … it’s that safe I can’t them either. We had two photos taken while we out there and both of those have gone adrift too. Lastly, we have Jan’s case to unpack at last; mine got done yesterday. I hope all the stuff turns up today.

We visited the travel agent we booked the break with to find out about how to make a claim to Thomas Cook. Now I have a letter to write to cover everything involved in the hotel and what we found wrong with it. An issue I’d forgotten about was the lack of ramps, there being just two in the whole place; one from the road into the hotel and one from lobby to the lift area. The one lift that doesn’t need a ramp is so small that when Jan got in with her case and walker, no one else could get in.

I’ve just moved some washing from the washer to the dryer after emptying the condenser draw of water. Carrying it to sink I managed to spill a little on the floor. Cleaning it up brought a thought to mind. Our flat is termed a ‘supported’ flat, that is, we have pull cords in every room that we can pull for help if we need it. Now here’s the thing. In Dorktown there have been a number of robberies where the robber has walked in through unlocked doors. With that in mind we have now started to keep our front door locked. But would happen if I had slipped on that water and pulled the kitchen cord? Our door is locked so anyone who attended wouldn’t be able to get in. But of a Catch 22 question eh?

Photo time then … 

A ride in the sun.

And funny time … 
 

Q. What did the football coach say to the broken vending machine? 

A. “Give me my quarterback!

Q. What did the football coach say to the broken vending machine? A. “Give me my quarterback!”

Read more at: undefined | Great Clean Jokes
Q. What did the football coach say to the broken vending machine? A. “Give me my quarterback!
Q. What did the football coach say to the broken vending machine? A. “Give me my quarterback!”

Read more at: undefined | Great Clean Jokes
Q. What did the football coach say to the broken vending machine? A. “Give me my quarterback!”

Read more at: undefined | Great Clean Jokes

No comments:

Post a Comment