Thursday 2 October 2014

A garden tick, new writing and paedo hunters



2 October

Oh what a surprise we had this morning. Early on I thought I had seen a nuthatch on our feeders. It didn’t hang around long enough to get a better view of it. So around 11 0’clock I saw it again and pointed it out to Jan. OK, a nuthatch isn’t a mega bird as thinks go, but to see one on ours feeders for the first time was a real pleasure. Now we keep looking out for more so we can photos of it.

Yesterday evening we decided on a quiet, no telly evening. Jan was happy playing games on her ‘puter and I settled down to read the new issue of Writing Magazine. About an hour after starting I got a story line in my head that just wouldn’t let go. By 9.30 I had just over a 1000 words of new writing done, the first new writing I have done in months! I was rather pleased with myself over that.

Have a look at this place please … 

This is where I used to walk Cindy-pup twice a day. It’s not the best shot of the area I want to point out, which is on the right beside the tree trunk. You can make it out really but there is an area of grass land there that is not being used for anything at all. Once a year someone comes along and cuts the grass, round about this time of year for some daft reason. Other than that, no-one goes in there. So I got wonder what would happen if when the guy cutting the high grass managed to stumble over a body in there. Well, just over a 1000 words is the start of it.

AP runs a weekly readers poll (http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/), and this week they ask if the cost of a medium format DSLR was to be reduce to an affordable price, would be tempted to buy one. During my years of using film I always aspired to owning a Pentax medium format camera. Now I don’t think I would go for one. The size and weight of these is very high, add in the lenses and it just wouldn’t work for me. Ah well … … …

Did any of you watch the Channel 4 programme about the Dorktowner called Stinson Hunter. He hunts down and outs paedos; he’s found quite a few it seems. I recorded it last night and will watch it later today. Last night I posted something on Facebook about it saying I’m in favour of what he does; this morning I’m not so sure about that. I’m wondering if at some time he makes a mistake and his victim gets harmed in some way. It’s a big responsibility to have on your shoulders. But of one thing I am sure of, I just wish there was no need for people like him doing what he is doing. That would mean that no kids are being harmed in any way. 

So then, today’s photo … 

Fireweed. I know it makes a mess when the heads turn to seed but as it sits there like that, I think it’s a rather nice flower.

And today’s funny …

Mark was passing by the bar on the way home from work when he sees his good friend Tom gulping down one shot after another. Fearing the worst, Mark charged into the bar and confronted Tom. “Tom what’s going on?” Mark asked. “It’s my wife Beckie,” Tom replied. “She ran off with my best friend!” “Hey wait a second! Said Mark “Aren’t I your best friend?” “Not any more,” Tom said with a happy smile. “He is!”

No comments:

Post a Comment