Friday 10 October 2014

The sun, thieves and a brave young lady



10 October

This morning I woke up at 8.40 needing to pee quite badly. Once I was up there was no chance of sleeping again. So I came through the living to be greeted by a lovely bright sunny day. Now here’s the thing, it was so bright I was getting blinded by it and could hardly see anything at all, and I had to close our curtains just to be able to sit and read The News. And then guess what? Yes, that’s right, the room was dark with the curtains drawn so I had to turn on the lights. Such is life I suppose.

We sat and watched a show we had recorded earlier this week later on. Thieves had broken into Tring museum and stolen the horns from a couple of stuffed rhinos they have on display. But they couldn’t have been very bright thieves though. When poachers in Africa kill rhinos for their horns, they have to sawn off. Those two horns came off by being knocked off (well, you know what I mean). That should have warned the man that something wasn’t quite right. The real horns had been replaced by resin horns. See what I mean about him not being very bright?

That’s the thing with criminals isn’t? Not all of them, but a good few of them that is. During the same show a couple of metal thieves had stripped part of the lead off a church roof. Lead of course is very heavy but those burks seemed to forget that. They also forgot that there was paved footpath around the church. That meant that when they dropped one of chunks of lead, it made a loud noise; loud enough to wake the vicar in the vicarage next door to the church. They fled and left all the lead.

It’s Nobel Peace Prize time of year. Normally I’m not all that bothered by it, but this year I am impressed with Malarla being awarded one. I can’t help but admire her you know. It’s amazing that a religion can produce two such opposite viewpoints. We have ISIS killing, raping and burning their way through Iraq and Syria. Then is this 17 year old lady who speaks out against such people and argues for education for all. If anyone shows the real face of Islam, it’s Malarla.

Let’s go find a photo … 

We were on our way to Bourton on the Water when we stopped at a garage and saw this. I’m not sure it’s actually all that safe to ride you know.

And today’s funny …

 Brian, one of the worlds greatest hypochondriacs, bumped into his Dr. one day at the supermarket. “Doc!” Brian exclaimed, “I’ve been meaning to tell you, remember those voices I kept on hearing in my head? I haven’t heard them in over a week!” “Wow! What wonderful news Brian! I’m so happy for you!” his Dr. exclaimed. “Wonderful?” asked a dismal looking Brian. “There’s nothing wonderful about it. I’m afraid my hearing is starting to go now!

No comments:

Post a Comment