Thursday 23 October 2014

A fire, a robbery and a damned good friend indeed!



23 October

One of our neighbours, June, has just called in to ask how we both are. Both of us have a had good night’s sleep and Jan has got up without the light-headedness she had yesterday. My back is aching again but that will soon clear up after the pain killers kick I’ve taken in properly. The other reason June called was to offer us some beef stew she was cooking for her and Tony’s dinner tonight. That sounds really good to us and we have gratefully accepted. We’ve got on with June since we first moved in here and she has turned out to be a very good friend to both of us.

While June was sat here, Jan told her she had a lost a stone in weight over the last week. June looked at me and said that I had lost weight too. I hadn’t thought of that but it’s something I hadn’t thought about. The thing is, why have I lost weight? Not that I’m not pleased by it of course, but why is important to us. We do tend to buy lots of niceies, cakes, wagon wheels, Jaffa cakes, Twix and so on. While we were away we didn’t have any of them. Not only that but I didn’t actually like the beer in hotel, so I had mainly diet coke in there. It all adds up to a drop in my calorie intake, and so the weight loss.

There’s a pub here in Dorktown called the Green Bear and it is the only one in town I haven’t been in. Front page of the News the other had a photo and story about the place being heavily damaged by fire. This morning’s edition has the same photo on the front page but the story is about a burglary in there where a lot of booze and cash has been stolen. The cash is from the gaming machines in there. As if they don’t have enough to worry about. Talk about kicking someone when they are down! I have a feeling though that it won’t take long to get the dickheads who did this. The pub has a strong local crowd and they will all be on the lookout for the pillocks who broke in.

So now I need to find a photo … 

Colours; I’m always on the lookout for colour displays like this one. I got quite a few shots like this one, which is a display of neck scarfs.  

Funny time …

A mother is driving her little girl to her friend's house for a play date.  'Mummy ,' the little girl asks, 'how old are you?' 


'Honey, you are not supposed to ask a lady her age,' the mother replied. 'It's not polite.'
 'OK', the little girl says, 'What colour was your hair 2 years ago?

 'Now really,' the mother says, 'those are personal questions and are really none of your business.'

 Undaunted, the little girl asks, 'Why did you and Daddy get a divorce?'

'That's enough questions, young lady!' 

 The exasperated mother walks away as the two friends begin to play.
'My Mum won't tell me anything about her,' the little girl says to her friend.
'Well,' says the friend, 'all you need to do is look at her driver's license. It's like a report card, it has everything on it.'

 Later that night the little girl says to her mother, 'I know how old you are. You are 32.'
The mother is surprised and asks, 'How did you find that out?'
'I also know that you used to have brown hair.'
The mother is past surprised and shocked now. 'How in Heaven's name did you find that out?'

'And,' the little girl says triumphantly, 'I know why you and daddy got a divorce.'

 Oh really?' the mother asks. 'Why?'


'Because you only got an F for sex.'

No comments:

Post a Comment