Wednesday 29 October 2014

Instant choice, Virgin Media and a cold drunk



29 October

Yes, I know I’m late with this one. I took it me ‘ead to go out for a couple of hours at the same time I thought about writing this. So, both of us went out to Tesco Arena for some shopping, then we called into a pub in Bulkington for a pint and into the Anker for another one. Jan is just off to take Sam shopping so I’m all alone by mesen … altogether now … aaaaahhhhhhhh … … …

We have been with Virgin for our land lines, mobiles, TV and broadband for as long as I can remember, and without any real problems at all. While we were away Jan bought herself £20 roaming package, is that the tem? She got a text to say that she was getting near to the limit while we were away. But imagine her surprised two days ago when they blocked her phone access. Jan spent an hour on the phone to them trying to get it sorted. Eventually they did get it sorted, once they got over the script they have to stick to. All done and dusted then?

Well, not at all! I went to point Percy in the Chequers and when I got back I could see Jan wasn’t a happy camper at all. They’ve only gone and blocked her phone access again. That seems to be the main problem with Virgin; once they start messaging around they are for ever doing so. After all these years of no hassle we now have all this going on. Of course, most of the comparison websites put Virgin at the top of the list for their all-in package, and from what I’ve seen the only one we can go to now is BT, and that is really crap for reports I’ve had and read. We can’t have Sky cos the council won’t allow it the satellite dish on the building, and we’d need a BT landline to get the broadband. We shall see I suppose.

So then, today’s photo … 

I found this in the aquarium.

And funny time …

‘Bob’s Tavern’ was right next door to a cemetery. One day in mid winter a drunk stumbled out of the tavern. Due to his drunk state he wasn’t careful where he was going and he fell into a freshly dug grave. “Help!” Screamed the drunk on the top of his lungs, “I’m freezing!” Before long another drunk sauntered out of the tavern and made his way towards the first drunk’s cries. “I’m freezing!” Screamed the first drunk again. “Of course you are” scolded the second drunk, coming closer. “You kicked off all of the dirt they had covered you with!”

No comments:

Post a Comment