Sunday 12 October 2014

Misty, DC Cullen and a pocket full of 'I'm sorrys'



12 October

Sunday morning and we woke up to a fair old mist hanging around. Finally, it’s starting to clear as I write this at 12.02. The weather for the next day or two locally is for rain or showers. On Tuesday when we leave for Mallorca for our 6.30 flight, it’s again forecast rain. At a flight time that early, and after a busy day with little or no sleep Monday night, we shall be pretty tired when we arrive. Tuesday will be an early night methinks.

We have decided that we would have two new suitcases for this trip; one arrived early last week, the second one hasn’t arrived yet, despite it being ordered at the same time. I’ve just spent nearly 15 minutes on the phone to them to find out what is going on seeing as all info I have on email seems to be all over the place. Order dates keep changing, despatch dates keep changing, delivery dates keep changing. Right now I have a pocket full of ‘I’m sorrys’ but no second suitcase. We will end up using Jan’s old one that we found to be broken last weekend.

Have you heard of Ed Macbain? He’s another Edinburgh based writer who writes about crime in and around the city. His hero ‘tec is DC Cullen; the conflict is with Cullen and DI Bain. I’ve already read two of his books and I have just started number 3, Fire in the Blood. This one is based in and around a distillery. So far it’s as good as the others I’ve read. Perhaps you could keep on the name. I got his for nowt for me Kindle. They might still be nowt, I haven’t looked.

Today’s photo then … 

Jan at the small harbour where we got the boat for a an hour trip down the coast to Port de Sóller last time we were in Mallorca.

And today’s funny …

If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

No comments:

Post a Comment