Saturday 1 March 2014

Birding with Kile, feeling better and Joe Louise



1 March

Yesterday when I got up I felt even worse than on Thursday. It slowly eased off by about 2pm. By 8.30 it had all come back on. By that time we sat watching Starship Troopers on NetFlix and as Kile is with us, I didn't want to be seen running off to bed early. I got up feeling OK this morning and I'm hoping that will continue.

Jan has Kile out birding at the minute and that leaves me very jealous. They first went to Brandon Marsh but it's very badly flooded or has deep mud over the paths. They have now headed over to Coombe Abbey where the paths a not muddy at any time. They should do OK there. I  bet she manages to get gold crest and tree creeper while she's there ;-)))

Strange dream this morning as I was wake up. I was being conned into paying over money I didn't owe to two solicitors and I was refusing to be caught by it. So they changed tack and tried blackmailing me - by showing me a photo of me and Jan having a cuddle taken through the windows of our flat. I began laughing and then I heard Jan calling me ... ... ... just after 9 that was. When I think about it though, that dream is tame by my standards. I normally have very dark or very vivid dreams. One day I shall have enough to turn one into a decent story eh? That would be fun ... ... ...

And to the Telegraph for today who informs us that Joe Louis was born today in 1949 making him 64 today - if he's still alive today that is. Not only that but 12 months ago today hoss meat was found in some processed foods, including those made by Birdseye.

I know what photo for today ... 

An Egyptian goose, one of the birds Jan and Kile should see today.

And guess what - The Sage has spoken ...

An Irishman who had a little too much to drink is driving home from the city one night and,
of course, his car is weaving violently all over the road. A cop pulls him over.
"So," says the cop to the driver, where have ya been?" 
" Why, I've been to the pub of course," slurs the drunk.
" Well," says the cop, "it looks like you've had quite a few to drink this evening."
"I did all right," the drunk says with a smile.
"Did you know," says the cop, standing straight and folding his arms across his chest,
"that a few intersections back, your wife fell out of your car?" 
"Oh, thank heavens," sighs the drunk. "For a minute there, I thought I'd gone deaf

No comments:

Post a Comment