Monday 17 March 2014

Cops, GP and waiting time uses



17 March

The other day I saw an item on Facebook which suggested that the bridge over the railway line in Attleborough was closed because of 'an incident'. Who do they say 'an incident'? It's a nothing statement to me. This morning's News had more detail; it seems that a 45 year old woman was found collapsed on the foot path that runs over the bridge as well. OK, fine. The cops are supposed to be continuing to investigate; again, fine. But surely if they waited until the woman recovers enough to tell them what has happened will allow them to get on a lot quicker. OK, look for and signs of a struggle or an assault, but that shouldn't take all that much time should it. I just don't understand why they make some things so complicated and others that need more time are just left to the side until they are forgotten about.

GP appointment went OK this morning. He has increased my pain meds by one dose to four a day to see how I get on. The problem is my right hip is pretty much hurting all the time now. I have a feeling that I will end up having a replacement hip operation at some time. That idea doesn't thrill me at all, but if I need it I shall have it done - even if I can't stand being at or in a hospital.

With that in mind then I wonder why so many people are going to A&E in Birmingham area. One man has said that patients can't continue to use the NHS as an all you can eat buffet. The blame he lays at the primary care areas of the system. I can understand that. Jan made my appointment for today last Thursday morning; 10.20 this morning was the first one they had available. That would in some cases move some folk to turn up at A&E. But hold on a sec ... most surgeries have a system of emergency appointments, so why not use that> Or maybe even us the out of hours service that most areas now have. Mind, I suppose where those systems are not available then they may have little choice but to turn up at A&E.

You have your GP/dentist appointment and you turn up in plenty of time; so what do you do while you wait? Sit looking bored or play with your phone or iPad? I normally take a magazine to read. This morning it has proved valuable for having done so. For some time now I've been struggling to drum up interest in my new Fred Cooper novel, it just wasn't working. So the article about Denise Mina really pushed me to make a decision that deep down I knew I had to do. My new Fred Cooper will be killed off, not totally, there are some good bits in there but I will start again using the good bits but ditching the bad bits. So then folks, we all have GP/Hospital/Dentist appointments at some time, so why not do something positive with the waiting time? I did, why not you good folks?                 

I finally got the photos from Saturday sorted. Out of 228 shots I've got 38 which are good enough to be kept. So here's one ... 

This chimp was looking very angry when it first appeared. It ran down one edge, was joined by a few more and then came stalking back to go inside.

And nothing from the Sage today so it's back to my normal source for a funny ...

TEACHER: Harold, what do you call a person who keeps on talking when people are no longer interested?
HAROLD: A teacher
 

No comments:

Post a Comment