Friday 14 March 2014

Ships, self publishing and a zoo



14 March

The charity shop run went off OK and instead of a curry at the Felix Holt, I got one from Asda - very nice too. My mother always to used to say I would never hang myself cos I keep changing my mind. I've had so many minds now I've lost count. The guy at the shop where I buy them from asked me not to come back, he was finding it hard to get new stocks of minds now ;-)))

Today we pick up Kile for the weekend. We've planned a day out for him for tomorrow but he won't know about it until we get him up early in the morning. It will be his first day out this year and he's going to Chester Zoo. There's a lot of things to point his camera at there so he should be happy. Of course, I'm not going to take my camera ... I tell fibs too ... ... ... err - just a thought then, there won't be a blog tomorrow.

Yesterday afternoon I finally booked my place at the Self Publishing Conference at Leicester uni (http://www.selfpublishingconference.org.uk/speakers/4563095167 ). At £55 for the day it's worth it in my opinion. Currently I'm publishing through CreateSpace, an Amazon organisation but I'm not happy with it at all. One of the seminars is on choosing a self publishing company and that's one of four I shall be attending. If I could really afford it I would give Matador a go. They seem to do a job from what I've seen.

Yesterday I was in a real downer when I wrote me blog - sorry about that folks; there's little I can when it comes on. Anyway, it passed off pretty quickly and I got on with Shipshape getting a good bit of it sorted. This morning I sat down at me 'puter and began to get on with it again. OK, but I was supposed to be doing this, not Shipshape. I did manage to get a full chapter done before I got back here though.

And speaking of ships ... 

Three frigates snapped on a cold, wet day at Barrow-in-Furness,

And the Sage has spoken to all the oppressed in the world ...

 An old man and woman were married for many years. Whenever there was a confrontation, yelling could be heard deep into the night. The old man would shout, "When I die, I will dig my way up and out of the grave and come back and haunt you for the rest of your life!".Neighbours feared him. The old man liked the fact that he was feared.

To everyone's relief he died of a heart attack when he was 98. His wife had a closed casket at his funeral. After the burial, her neighbours, concerned for her safety, asked "Aren't you afraid that he may indeed be able to dig his way out of the grave and haunt you for the rest of your life?".
The wife said "Let him dig. I had him buried upside down. And I know he won't ask for directions."

No comments:

Post a Comment