Thursday 13 March 2014

Brother-in-law,, curry club and the black clouds again



13 March

So what of today then? Jan is off to see her younger brother Gordon over at Bermuda Trading Estate. It's his first visit to Dorktown in over year. He lives in Ipswich, a goodly distance from here. Considering he drives for a living I had little sympathy for him when he got caught driving while drunk. It seems his 12 months ban is up cos he's back to driving artics again. Thing is, that wasn't his first such offence, but we hope it's his last one!

Later today we have a run down to one of the charity shops in town, and seeing as I have a curry fancy on me we may well call into the Felix Holt after that. Jan can have her normal desert while I have my curry and a couple of pints.  Now that really is a plan!

I suppose I shall have to make an effort to get Shipshape into some sense of order. My interest level seems to have dropped in it now for some reason. I have the print out sat here to one side of me with all the corrections marked up ready for the corrections to be made on the file. But for some reason when I do look at it I feel the black clouds gathering chasing after my interest running in the opposite direction. It will of course get done one day, some day, there will come a day ... ... ...

Last night I set the alarm clock for 8 o'clock so I could phone for a doctor's appointment. I finally came round at 9.20; Jan had woken at 7.45 and turn the alarm off. This time glad she did because she did make an appointment for me ... next Monday would you believe? Good job I'm not dying eh?

Tomorrow we have my mate coming for the weekend. We're keeping an eye on the weather so that we can take him out on Saturday. He's not been out for some time now so we are determined to take him this Saturday. We just have to decide where. I wonder ... Chester Zoo comes to mind.

It's happened again you know - I've had an idea for a story line come to mind and now I can't remember it all. BUT ... I did make a note of it while it was still fresh in my head. It's sat in the note beside me bed; so I have begun to learn the lesson I hope.

And so to a photo and since I've been talking about black clouds ... 


And today's funny ...

  TEACHER: Now, Simon , tell me frankly, do you say prayers before eating?
SIMON: No sir, I don't have to, my Mum is a good cook.     

No comments:

Post a Comment