Sunday 16 March 2014

The zoo, being sick and editing again



16 March

Yesterday's trip to Chester Zoo went ahead but with one or two minor bumps along the way. Firstly, we forgot to give Kile his travel sickness pill. In a way that's understandable seeing as he has only been sick before in the Golf we had. Yesterday we were in the Doblo and he's usually OK with that. So we did a slight detour at Cannock to get some more pills. The next bump was a lot longer. From here we use the A5 to get to the M6 northbound seeing as it cuts off a heck of lot traffic and hold ups. So by the time we got to Stafford services were both ready for a drink and I needed to pee. Thirty minutes later we were back on the road and parked at the zoo at 1.30. They closed at 4.30 so we couldn't take our time to get around as we had hoped, but even so we came back with lots of photos.

On the way up there we both saw a large raptor flying around a lake close to Nantwich. We both thought it was an osprey but I was not sure thinking it was a bit early for them. Anyway, I post to a birding group and asked their advice when I got home. It seems it's not too early, ospreys have been seen in two different locations so far this month. So we did see an osprey then, making it three locations. It adds to the good day.

Jan has an attack of the clevers again! Instead of taking Kile back home today she is going to take him to school from here. That's OK, we need to be up really for me going to the GP for 10.20. From there we will off shopping somewhere. Sam will collect Kile from school as normal. I can see that becoming a regular game now ... ... ...

In regards to Shipshape, I realised that I hadn't tied in one of characters future properly so I had to write that part in. It read OK on me screen so I sent it to Jan and she read it and found a couple of errors. Once corrected that will be that done and dusted - I hope. However, there's a company offering a non-obligation first chapter edit for free. So later I will sort out that one chapter and get sent off by email. I'll see how well or badly I have done then.

And so to a photo; well, I got 223 shots yesterday but I haven't done anything with them yet but I have sorted this one ... 

One of Kile's shots from the zoo. He's turning into a pretty good snapper my friends.

And yet again the Sage peaks words of wisdom ...


Alex Salmond was visiting a Scottish primary school and the classwas in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asked Mr. Salmond if he would like to lead the discussion on the word 'Tragedy'.
So the illustrious SNP leader asked the class for an example of a 'Tragedy'.
A little boy stood up and offered, "If ma best freen, wha lives on a ferm, is playin' in the field and a tractor rins ower him and kills him, that wid be a tragedy."
"Incorrect", said Alex, in his best trying-not-to-sound-too-patronising-Scottish-accent, "That would be an accident."
A little girl raised her hand, "If a school bus kerryin' fifty children drove owr a cliff, killing a'body inside, that wid be a tragedy"
'I'm afraid not', explained Alex, "that's what we would refer to as a great loss.
The room went silent. No other children volunteered. Alex searched the room. "Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?"
Finally, at the back of the room, a wee lad raised his hand and, in a quiet voice, said: "If a plane kerryin' you and your deputy ' wiz struck by a 'freendly fire' missile & blawn tae smithereens, that wid be a tragedy."
"Fantastic!" exclaimed Alex, "and can you tell me why that would be a tragedy?"
"Weel", says the lad, "it has tae be a tragedy, because it certainly widnae be a great loss, and it probably widnae be an accident either!"
       

No comments:

Post a Comment