Saturday 8 March 2014

Getting up early, a dream an a folly



8 March

Good morning folks. Here it is 9.30 and I'm sat at me 'puter already - wonders will never cease eh. Anyway, I was in the middle of one of my crazy dreams yet again. We were having to moved back into our old Bracebridge Street house but no one will tell us why. All the folks we don't get on with or have fallen out with at some point are trying to help but get in the way of each other and it causing arguments. I needed to pee but the toilet was blocked with rubbish. Mother was getting the way and was in one her demanding moods, to feed all the people there this time. Then sat and ate it all herself. Jan was taken ill and taken off to hospital only to turn up within minutes and getting the way even more than everyone else ... and I still needed to pee with it getting more urgent - at which point I woke needing to pee. Once I was up I stayed up - which means I am sat here at 9.30 typing me blog for today, but not needing to pee ;-)))

My eyes tend to run quite freely, and are even worse in windy weather. So two suggestions at yesterday's eye test were to use eye drops - OK but I keep forgetting them cos I find it hard to remember to use them and secondly to use prescription sunny glasses. We can't really afford new specs right now but I got to thinking that I should really get some. So I made plans to go into town to get some ordered. But hey-ho, I've changed my mind again and I will get into town on Tuesday to do so. We're fully committed to other things on Monday.

It's beginning to look as if my prediction on the situation in the Ukraine is coming true. Russia has said that if sanctions are applied they will retaliate. And guess what - we buy a heck of a lot of our gas supplies from Russia. For years Russia was seen as being a struggling nation, now it is more than making up for it and it can afford to hold back on contracts made without fearing the consequences of their actions. Peace folly indeed!!!

And so we move on, but backward to 1702 when Queen Anne came to the throne at the death of William III. From her we got a different style of furniture, not that most of could ever afford to buy the genuine article these days. Today was the day that saw the birth of the man who discovered nuclear fission which went on to the make the atom bomb. But should we really be celebrating the birth of German Otto Hahn? I'll leave that to you to decide.

And today's photo is of a young couple eating lunch in Dorktown centre ...


And funny time ...

A family are driving behind a dustbin lorry when a dildo flies out and thumps against the windscreen.
Embarrassed, and to spare her young son's innocence, the mother turns around and says, "Don't worry; that was an insect."
To which, her son replies, "I'm surprised it could get off the ground with a cock like that!!!!"           

No comments:

Post a Comment