Monday 31 March 2014

A day away, some of what I learned and Jan's coming home today - we hope/think/ ... ... ...



31 March

What a busy today. I have everything from yesterday to catch up on as well as today's chores. Not only that, but Jan is coming home sometime today. However, because there's a large step into our block of flats she is being sent home in a ambulance so she has support to mount the step. Whatever, we will both be pleased she's home.

Yesterday's day out was really good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I now have a list of things to do in regards to my writing. I've had a domain name for over two years now but have done with it at all. Every website builder package I seen didn't impress me but depending on price I might have to have one done for me. Also on the list is new Facebook and Twitter pages just for my writing; after that, or maybe even before that, I'd better open up a separate email address for just my writing needs.

The last session yesterday was on the need for editing. In that group I was the only one it seems that had anything edited, even if it was only a first chapter freebie. Asked what I thought about it I was honest and said that it was humbling, that raised laugh at least. I then explained that to being with I was angry and upset but on a second reading I saw the sense in what was being said. Most of corrections suggested have now been dealt with but there's a few still to go through.

I bought a number of books while I was there, the last one of which is Hidden Magic by K.D. Faerydale, (I wonder if that is a made-up name?) The reason I bought it is that one of nuggets of info I gleaned was to buy and have a look at that quality of the books that various self publishing companies produce. There's a couple I've wondered about but it Matador that I have really trying. As they are the main sponsor of yesterday event I bought one of their books and I have to say it's very impressive. I shall read it next and report back on it later.

And so for a photo ... 

A couple of bruisers.

And Techy funny today ...

Technology: NEW PASSWORD REQUIRED
User: My usual password is not working suddenly, why?
Website chat assistant: Your password has expired - you must register a
new one.

User: Why do I need a new one as that one was working fine?
Website: You must use additional letters.
User: 1*Another iancjc naughty word*ingingprettyroseshovedupyourassifyoudon'tgivemeaccessright*Another iancjc naughty word*ingnow
Website: Sorry, that password is already being used.            

No comments:

Post a Comment