Thursday 6 March 2014

Photo shoot, poor roads and an even poorer film watched



6 March

At long last I managed to get out down town and get a few new photos yesterday. I was a nice pleasant day and I really enjoyed being out and about. However, I did struggle a bit to get my scooter out of the block of flats. There's a normal step into the block he front door and a smaller but still deep step going out the back door. The only way out is to lift the scooter drive wheels up over the steps. I normally use the back door because it's not so high, but it was hard work yesterday.  While I was out I booked an appointment at Specsavers for my annual eye test so after that I will make my way round to the council to see about getting a couple of ramps installed. Not sure it will work mind, councils are not normally very good at getting things done for the disabled.

Another issue I shall raise tomorrow is the state of the so-called dropped pavements on Weddington Road. Both of us get pretty well shaken up every time we have to use them, they are so bad. Fortunately there's a cycle lane on both side of the road and we use that. But even so, those dropped curds need sorting out. Even the ones on roads off Weddington Road are really bad. As for the road surface itself, well, potholes are just as bad all over the country aren't they, so enough said there!. One we get onto Old Hinckley Road and on into town things are a lot better.

Last night we sat and watched a film on NetFlix - oh dear, good job I'd a few jars in the Anker me thinks. It was called Absolute Zero and was pretty much a poor man's Day After Tomorrow. There was the usual penny grubbing CEO, a couple of scientists with their students helpers and gullible politians. No one listens, the main doomsayer is proved right and save himself, his students and his ex-girlfriend and son from her new lover. Luckily I have a nice malt scotch here too and as good stiff shot of that helped get me through it.

That's it then, photos done so today here's a few crocus flowers ...


And funny time ...

TEACHER: Glenn, how do you spell 'crocodile?'
GLENN: K-R-O-K-O-D-I-A-L'
TEACHER: No, that's wrong
GLENN: Maybe it is wrong, but you asked me how I spell it.

No comments:

Post a Comment